Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a wind deflector off fleabay a few months ago and eventually had a go at trying to fit it on Saturday.

Now either I'm being plain stupid or the damn thing just will not fit!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Could somebody with one fitted, pop out and take some piccies of where the bloody hell it attaches to and how....pretty please....before I get so hacked off and end up binning the whole idea. (I spent 2 frustrating hours trying to do this!!:rolleyes: :( )

The frame at just seems far too 'short' and doesn't reach either side of above the parcel shelf....

I've done some searching on here and can't find the right photos...

Ive got an awful feeling that I bought the wrong one.... if there's such a thing.... :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Extreemly easy to fit.Two side brackets screw to where the small flaps lift for hood mechanism. rear hook hands over rear tub. The deflector itself screws to the brackets via two large screw knobs.
Dead easy!!
Best wishes,
Lance Knight

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh bugger. :(
Will pop out now and have a look - brought the Spider to work....;)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Piccies....:)

What am I missing here :confused: This is all I was sent...:(

I just cannot see, hood up or down how and where the thing fixes to...:rant:

:(

Attachments

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bugger. :cry:

Email sent to seller on ebay....
Perhaps there are some brackets missing...

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was the photo on the ebay sale and it clearly shows this type of wind deflector fitted to a Spider....:confused: :confused: :confused:

:(

Attachments

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have emailed Classic Additions and waiting for an email from them...:)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right, got to the bottom of this one.

I need a different fixing bracket....I think :rolleyes:
My bracket is 'L' shaped and the photos they sent me are 'U' shaped. Hence giving that space between the body of the car and the deflector frame. :)
Waiting for a price and delivery on the bracket now...:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
yep.. i reckon you've got most of it, but you need the bit which holds the nuts..

i wouldnt think theyd cost much if you can source them...

that's completely different to my 2002 one tho too..

R

·
0 Posts
Yep, mines different too. Must be aftermarket.

BTW does anybody know where I can get the 2 screw knobs that hold the deflector on? lost mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I seem to have a similar problem; bought a deflector but have no way of fitting it. My deflector ends in a square plastic moulded boss at each side but I dont have any brackets. I assume I need something to attach to the boss and then fit to the car where the two bolts are located behind the plastic blanking plug.
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of brackets or is it down to B&Q and out with the saw/drill/paint?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
How much are these after market deflectors? I got my Alfa one for about £160 as I recall, fitted in 10 mins! I'll take some pics tommorow if its not raining.

Dan

·
Registered
700 Posts
Dan,

Can you post some pics of yours? All this talk has got me thinking I should be getting one for myself.....!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts