·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Has anyone fitted rear parking sensors to their G? If so:
What make and where to get them from?
How difficult was it?
Are they stand-alone or do they plug into the existing wiring?
Thanks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
hi
I found a company online that sent sensors to you before fitment so you could check colour match.the spray was don e in paintshop not with can of two pack.anyway the day the fitter was due to come and drill holes I bottled it as I did not want to ruin the bumper.i have set of sensors sprayed in 8c red if you are interested.funny thing is since deciding not to fit them seems I never stop bashing into stuff luckily not scratched paint YET.:thumbup:

·
Registered
436 Posts
they come with drill bit and fitting instructions.not rocket science I imagine but I reckon they are a bit naff tbh

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Problem is all the wires from the tailgate are grey with no marker on them so finding which is the reversing light wiring isn't quite as straightforward as you imagine....unless you are using a set with a canbus reader in which case it won't apply. It can be done, I used a probe to find which lead it was and they worked fine once fitted.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My dealer did a retro fit using Alfa's sensors and far as I know just plugged them in to existing inside boot wiring harness, although these retro fit reverse sensors do not give dashboard indication when reverse gear selected as factory fit sensors would have done.
Ended up costing more than the factory available option in the end.

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
My dealer did a retro fit using Alfa's sensors and far as I know just plugged them in to existing inside boot wiring harness, although these retro fit reverse sensors do not give dashboard indication when reverse gear selected as factory fit sensors would have done.
Ended up costing more than the factory available option in the end.
Alfa do retro fit ones but they are just a normal 'beep' kit. What makes a difference is where you put them and which ones you get

1 - 7 of 7 Posts