Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , i have been thinking of increasing the power on my diesel 147 and think the first step is fitting a Q2 diff . Veloces advertise supply and fit for £550 inc VAT. has anyone had this done by them and what was the outcome . secondly was thinking of going to REd Dot for a rmild remap to approx what a ducati corse has , ie 170hpand also asking for a smoother
aceleration response. what does anyone think and the remap cost. cheers

·
Premium Member
45,008 Posts
I'd be suprised if anyone is still supplying and fitting for £550 inc VAT. A few months ago Alfa stuck nearly £200 on the cost price of the diff - they are now £504 +VAT (just the diff!)

V

·
0 Posts
The Q2 diff and the remap will go very well together - haul yourself round the corners on a wave of torque! And with the extra torque, you'd possibly soon be having problems with the standard diff giving up.

Red Dot are very good, they did my remap - it transforms the car. Their aftercare is good too, and if you decide you don't like, they will remove and give a refund. You're probably looking at 180bhp and 185 (I think!) ft/lbs. Cost is probably around £300, but give them a call and the mention of AO might save you a few quid.

·
Registered
212 Posts
the torque would be pushing 280 ft/lbt as standard its 225 :) the Q2 diff is awesome, mines fitted with one from factory, it's so much smoother accelerating round corners :)

AL

V

·
0 Posts
Oops, that's it, 285-ish ft/lbs - loadsa grunt! There won't be many cars pulling away from you with that, believe me.

G

·
0 Posts
Oops, that's it, 285-ish ft/lbs - loadsa grunt! There won't be many cars pulling away from you with that, believe me.
I would, I've got over 290, and I'm normally aspirated. And I keep going as well!

The joys of a 3.8 conversion :lol:

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts