Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm going to be fitting my Nokia CK-7W into my 05 147. I've heard it's best to connect the audio output and mute lead straight into the radio so I can use the radio to hear the caller and to control the volume. I'm just trying to find a fitting kit that will relieve me from cutting the cables and invalidating the warranty.

Thanks for the help!
Kev

·
Registered
95 Posts
Exactly how I have mine set up.

Please dont drill holes in your car, tell me your using bluetooth and not the cradle extension.

As far as not cutting cables, i dont think there is anything to avoid it.
My dad has been installing car kits for 8 years now, and its the only way to do it unless you own a Holden (Opel in uk?) which do have a plug specifically for car kits - and now have pre-installed bluetooth in their vehicles.

Edit: I dont think installing a car kit would void your warranty? Have you checked up on it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am using the holder but I'm not drilling any holes. Great company, Dashmount.co.uk make brackets for every make and model of car. You take out the heater controls and this bracket screws into a spare hole beside the cup holders.

Looks like i'll have to be cutting a few wires then, oh well. Where did you take the switched live feed from as I heard the Alfa doesn't have one at the radio?

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
You will love the functionality of the system. I have a CK-1W in my car. I recently bashed the remote control module and a couple of the plastic fingers that clip it together broke. I have found it impossible to get a spare or even contact Nokia by phone or email so do take care where you mount yours and avoid my problem.

N

·
0 Posts
I managed not to cut any cables whilst fitting
a powered sub by tracking down a male
and a female DIN connector and creating
a "patch" cable for the speaker output.

You should be able to do the same
for the TEL+, TEL- TEL_MUTE connector.

Might take some Googling.

Wiring up to the stereo, as frashed says,
gives a very good system.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
ive got a 'parrot CK3100' bluetooth kit in my 147, had to cut a few wires but im not the least bit concerned as i dont intend on removig the kit if i ever decide to sell the car anyway

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I've read that the 147 radio doesn't have a switched live, is this true?

It has. You can use pin "AUT. ANT." on the picture. It is switched 12V for antena. Maximum current is 400mA.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Keep in mind that the bracket will most likely make a permanent 'dent' into the soft black plastic of the dashboard to the left of the head unit so when it does come time to take it out, it will be noticable. I suppose thats better than having no holes though.

I wanted a cradle as well as my dad also uses good brackets, but ive seen what happens when they come out on some cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's actually pushing the cup holders out slightly, you can probably see in the picture there a larger gap to the side so they'll probably be no lasting marks :D

N

·
0 Posts
EDIT:

In fact, all you need is to pull out the plug
and stick one of these in instead,
then wire it to your bluetooth kit.

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/phone_in.asp

It's actually pushing the cup holders out slightly, you can probably see in the picture there a larger gap to the side so they'll probably be no lasting marks :D

I tried fitting the dashmount to mine.
Almost ruined the alu console insert.
Total pants. Using a magnetic mount instead:
http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=100308

See here:
OtherThreadClick

·
3,202 Posts
That exactly what I was looking for! Thanks, so just gotta get power to the phone kit and job done. :D
Get permanent 12V and ground from cigarette lighter and switched 12V from the radio. That’s how I connected mine. This way you can continue the call even when you park and turn the ignition off. The Bluetooth disconnects only after finishing the call.

N

·
0 Posts
Get permanent 12V and ground from cigarette lighter and switched 12V from the radio. That’s how I connected mine. This way you can continue the call even when you park and turn the ignition off. The Bluetooth disconnects only after finishing the call.
I used the switched power for the CD changer so
that the BT was controlled by the stereo on/off.

That way you can use the BT without needing
the key in the ignition, just switch on the stereo.

:)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
BTW the parrot colour GPS Bluetooth kit fits in with its own loom and no cutting, you just need to hook in the phone mute, the ISO pugs take care of the power and audio.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On a seperate not I perviously had a Kenwood MP3 player that I don't want to install into the Alfa and ruin the good looks of the dashboard. I've read the GT came with an MP3 cd player. Is it possible to purchase one from Alfa or has anyone removed one that they no longer need?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
This is my solution for where to stick the cradle, without ruining the dash and only requires 3 paperclips to fit.

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4

One paperclip is pushed through bottom of coin holder (front to back), the other two are passed through the bolt holes of the cradle and underneath the first paperclip within the coin slots,
It doesn't rattle or vibrate, and doesn't impede on the ASR switch or the handbrake, (although I don't have banana fingers),

The coin holder is soft rubber, so it's reasonably easy to push a pin or similar through to make the hole and doesn't cause any visible damage.

I made sure I had the cradle fitted before any drill happy fitter got anywhere near the car, and it took 2 years before I finally gave in and got the HF kit fitted.

(I know I need to give it a bit of a clean:))

edit - I'm not a newbie anymore, I'm a member :cool: :D

·
3,202 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts