Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL, juss wondering if any1 has experience in fitting body kits on their car. I recently received mine from PSG and it looks fairly simple to put on if u have the rite equip, but had trouble removing the front bumper, how many screws are there attaching the front bumper to the car and where r they :confused: ive only found the two behind the front grille. Also what materials do i need like body filler etc. If it is a big job then i guess i have 2 fork out the 550 quid to get it professionally done, but i want 2 do it myself so i can feel useful :lol:
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
can you tell me what kit you got for your 155 and were and who is psg thanks jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bush155v6 said:
can you tell me what kit you got for your 155 and were and who is psg thanks jeff
Hi its from a co. called psg, i would have posted the link 2 u but cant add it on. juss go 2 google and type psg bodystyling for alfa romeo. The kit is like the small red car i use as an avatar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,920 Posts
From memory there are bolts behind the grill, and two underneath, usually rusted to hell, then it just slides off the side pilars, check the pilars arnt rusted, mine were replaced before I bought it :rolleyes:

good luck, get us some pics up when its done :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AlfaJack said:
From memory there are bolts behind the grill, and two underneath, usually rusted to hell, then it just slides off the side pilars, check the pilars arnt rusted, mine were replaced before I bought it :rolleyes:

good luck, get us some pics up when its done :cool:
Cheers mate will post them once its its done, i will try it when i get the time, prob on wkend. I think the front bumper is the most difficult to fit but once thats done, the rest looks quite simple 2 do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlfaJack said:
No probs, heres a pic so you know roughly what to expect: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats more scrary than my gran without her dentures. do i have 2 remove the headlights 2???
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
hi, could you please tell me what the body kit consists of?

cause i actually queried the supplier to give me more details of it and i'm still waiting.

And also the supplier from malta wasn't sure neither.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
Nice kit. I thought it was skinny body only?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Twinspark01 said:
hi, could you please tell me what the body kit consists of?

cause i actually queried the supplier to give me more details of it and i'm still waiting.

And also the supplier from malta wasn't sure neither.

thanks
Hi mate, the kit is, front bumper, side skirts, wheel arches (made of 2 peices for front, 6 peices for the back), they dont do a back bumper i dont know why. They also do a rear spoiler but i did not order this. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nigel S said:
Nice kit. I thought it was skinny body only?
Im not really sure if its only for skinny body, but it certainly fits well on the car so if the body measurements, i mean the front bumper size and lenght of side skirts of a skinny body and wide body differ then it probably wont fit. :p
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Communication I had with PSG confirmed it was for a skinny. The widebody front end is different, slightly wider.

From memory there are three bolts underneath at the front and one each side on the little support brackets...these will probably have rusted solid being so close to the ground :rolleyes:

Then pull the bumper forward as it's on a nylon support on each wing.

wrinx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
hey alfahta, i am also interested in the kit, and have contacted PSG about this a few weeks back. and they do send to Malaysia. however, i just wanna know, what's the ground clearance for the front bumper? is it too low? let's say, you're on 215/45/17 tyres with 30mm drop? how low will it be? because if it is too low, i will have to create a mould and molest the kit a little to accomodate the road condition here. hope you post some pictures for us to drool at mate. thanks mate, looking forward to this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
so what's the story like on this one? any picture already? has it been done already? really would love to see this one by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
subsonique said:
so what's the story like on this one? any picture already? has it been done already? really would love to see this one by the way.
Hi GUYZ sorry ive been a bit busy over Christmas and new yr, but so far its lookin gud, ive put the front bumper on and the side skirts, im left with the wheel arches 2 do now then the paint job.
I wud love 2 send some pics but the 1s i tke with my cam r 2 big 2 dwnload here so until som1 tells me how 2 resolve this i cant send pics :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
marlon said:
he's probably struggling to get it to fit to a widebody..........
OH no mate mine is a skinny, well ive had little probs fitting the kit so far, there is 1 wheel arch for the back that is slightly out of place. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
subsonique said:
hey alfahta, i am also interested in the kit, and have contacted PSG about this a few weeks back. and they do send to Malaysia. however, i just wanna know, what's the ground clearance for the front bumper? is it too low? let's say, you're on 215/45/17 tyres with 30mm drop? how low will it be? because if it is too low, i will have to create a mould and molest the kit a little to accomodate the road condition here. hope you post some pictures for us to drool at mate. thanks mate, looking forward to this.
Good question mate, im havin trouble tryin 2 get out my drive as it dips a bit and its scratching as im gettin on the road. So for short it is quite low hav not tried it yet on speed humps but i thnk may hav 2 avoid them all together. ;) I will tke a few pics of it and try 2 resize the pics 2 dwnload on here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
subsonique said:
hey alfahta, i am also interested in the kit, and have contacted PSG about this a few weeks back. and they do send to Malaysia. however, i just wanna know, what's the ground clearance for the front bumper? is it too low? let's say, you're on 215/45/17 tyres with 30mm drop? how low will it be? because if it is too low, i will have to create a mould and molest the kit a little to accomodate the road condition here. hope you post some pictures for us to drool at mate. thanks mate, looking forward to this.
Hi mate, ive juss measured the ground clearance on mine and ive got same tyre size as u put down, its bout 9cm, a bit 2 low for my liking but dont know how 2 create any moulds and let alone molest it :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top