Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveyone, i have purchased a lovely Pioneer F930BT to go in my Brera and looking at the other threads it would apeear its not an easy job to fit in the fact that the centre console all needs to be removed. I am just wondering if anyone can recommend any good audio fitters in north Essex ideally around Braintree that would do a good job as i dont want Halfprds or the like to do it any although I fitted many stereos in my time, i dont fancy wrecking my dash. I did get a quote of £150 inc vat fronm car audio centre in Ilford who have done some 159's but that sounded a little expensive to me although not really sure how much i should be paying. If anyone could advise a fitter or the costs i should be looking at to fit the unit, route the mic and gps antenna , ipod lead and move the blue & me i would appreciate it. I have all the bits required i think. Cheers Lee

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I had the Pioneer F930BT fitted last week and wow I am chuffed. It's a brilliant piece of kit and is probably going to take me a few weeks to really come to grips with it. It plays my ipod music and video and I also had a bypass done so I my passenger can watch a movie on the go. It's even breathed new life into the exisitng speakers which I didnt think possible, but it must have just been the poor standard head unit. I also had an in-phase compact sub fitted which really drives the low notes and makes the bass come alive. So the door speakers dont have to work as hard, I have turned of the low pass filter to 100ghz and this seems to have worked wonders. I am loving the parrot hands free in it aswell, its so much clearer than the blue & me, and even the callers can hear me loud and clear.The Nav in this unit is also reallly cool. This is going to make me use the car more I think. I even created my own splash screen - see pics, so if anyone wants a decent copy of it for their double din, just let me know. Ok 4 days until I go and have the DPF/EGR F1 re-map at AHM Alfa and can't wait for that too. Oh i'm gonna love my Brera all over again! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it done at AudioFile-in-car at Bishops Stortford. It was £120 to fit the head unit, which I thought was very good value and then £90 to fit the amp, so £210.00 all in & I am very pleased I didn't attempt it. They did a very good job, no damage to the dash.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Deaks,

Where did you end up putting the GPS antenna?

Any chance you can share a pic of this so I can see how neat it looks? Worries about making my dash look bad :S

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Paul, the GPS antenna is completely hidden out of sight. I believe the fitters put it under the roof lining. The signal is very strong, so it must be ok. I think probably because the roof is all glass helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
hi deaks,

can you just tell me what steering controls actuslly work because im fitting this unit soon

thanks

tony

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Tony, yes the steering wheel controls for volume, next track etc work if you buy the canbus adaptor. The phone button doesn't work as this had to be controlled by the head unit.

Lee

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Paul, yes feel free to use the wallpaper. If the quality isnt great inbox me with your email address and I will send you a better resolution version as I could only upload a certain mb file to the forum.

Lee

·
Registered
5 Posts
2-DIN radio fitted into 159

Hi Everyone,

Just finished removing the original radio and fitting a 2-DIN system. After reading through all the threads and consulting eLearn, I found some courage and attempted to have a go myself.
Bought the radio complete with a 159 fitting kit and it went like a clockwork. Steering wheel controls work fine, all I need to do now is to dive into the radio manual. :lol:

Have added a sequence of pictures that show the steps taken. Pics 3 shows why you will have to remove the middle console to reach the rear of the original chassis with the four holding screws. Pic 4 compares the original chassis with the standard 2-DIN version. :thumbs:

Ciao

Attachments

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Good work. I recall smudge_don had a lot of trouble figuring out how to fit the new cage. Does it just slide into the factory opening, then you bend the retaining tabs to lock it in? That's how they usually fit.

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Wullsy, yes its a USW10. I had it fitted in the boot against the nearside panel, it seems to work fine there. I reckon you ould squeeze it under the passenger seat, but only if you had it raised up high, so not good for tall passengers.

Lee

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Nice one Deaks, Blends in nicely witht the darker dash :thumbs:

I'm guessing yours is connected to an Ipod as I can see Album art, shame it doesn't work for CD's, SD's etc :(
(tip: I purchases a micro SD card and put most of my music on that, skips through the tracks quicker than CD's - could still do with folders!)

Ref the GPS antenna, I placed mine on the roof of the center console (above air vents)

Good pics there Deveras :)

@ Shiny car: I'm pretty sure you are correct, no need to screw in or adapt the new cage, simply fits it (although I'm looking at the pics and wondering how it stays in place :lol:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The original cage was slightly narrower than the new cage. I had to use a needle file to remove ca. 1mm from the plastic opening in the top right corner. After that, the cage went in without a problem.
Then I managed to bend all the tabs that were in the right position and finally fix the cage.

Ciao

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Makes sense. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts