Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon boys and girls,

I could do with some info regarding a decat pipe that i've got - it actually came with the car not fitted from the guy i bought it off. It's a bit sooty so he had it on previously, cant remember why he'd switched back.. possibly emmissions.. but thats a stab in the dark as loads of you out there say that they can get through without.

Forgive the laymans terminology but the pipe has got just one fat opening and one end and then splits into two smaller pipes at the other end.. maybe approx 60cm in length total (though thats very rough estimate as its been in the garage for a couple of months.

My questions are 1, how easy is this to fit i.e. does it need anything like gaskets each end, and 2, is there any further configuration needed... does it remove a lambda or anything silly like that or is that attached to a different section? Does it have to have any ecu work or will it just be nice and noisy and powerful just through a straight swapout?? I've not had chance to get my head under to have a peek so forgive me if this is really basic!

Cheers in advance guys!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
eerrmmm no doesn't usually need to replace the gaskets unless they are the old type that can crumble. lamda is in different places dependant on year. as for emissions, early v6 only had 1 cat so i would have thought it would fail test, later cars have pre cats on down pipes and there are a few threads which offer info that it passes mot test.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yeah, how will you remove the 2 cats right under the manifold? I've been told the engine has to be removed for those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts