Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my radio/cassette player for a CD player.
Before i disconnect the battery is it a good idea to turn the alarm off via the switch in the glovebox? :confused: The car is a '97 1.8 16v.

Any other tips would be very welcome! :D

Many thanks
Ian H.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its a good idea but not essential more important when you reconnect the battery make sure you have a door open if you have central locking ive had loads of cars lock themselves when you flash the battery terminal.!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ian H
If your car has ISO connectors you just unplug the old one,remove the cage and fit the new one by plugging into the ISO.My 155 is a 92 and has ISO connectors.I fitted my cd player in 10 mins.I am assuming it,s a single cd player

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hi there ive fitted boot changer under drivers seat 2 amps in boot and never dissconected battery as all of the devices are fused anyway as you never quite know how the cars going to act as the numbers i was given for alarm dont work. frown

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The power on mine is connected to the ignition so its not live until the key is turned. No need to disconnect the battery :)

Some users here have had problems after disconnecting the battery, with the alarm and the system forgetting the keycode. The ECU resets after about 15mins (perhaps less????).

wrinx

·
Registered
715 Posts
Personally I have never disconnected the battery. Don't mess with Alfa's electrics if you can help it!! Just unplug the ISO connecter and away you go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies. :)

CD player now fitted and it was like a few of you said,unplug the ISO connectors and remove cage and refit the new one.

Don't know what l was worried about!! :D

-------------
Regards
Ian H

1 - 7 of 7 Posts