Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking about fitting a camera inside the car to record the forward view. Since I want it to be as neat as possible, do you think it is possible to tap into the 12V supply at the lights above the rear-view mirror? I don't want to mess up the electrics!

Thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Looked at this a while back just for posting clips
on Youtube of the tete de cons around here.

Fujitsu-Ten had what looked like a good system
but it was Japan-only.

Surprised son-one come out with anything yet... :confused:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
iPhone 4 or 4s + a NAVIGON in car mount.

Quality HD footage:cool:

Used it at Mallory Park & when away round Europe in the Spider in May:D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To return to the topic...I am thinking of using a more simple camera without the GPS. there are plenty around that record onto a micro SD card on a continuous loop. I have found a spare 12V cable underneath the seat (+ two other cables connected to the seat). I can convert this 12V to 5V for the camera USB port using a modified cig lighter charger. Plus an extra in-line fuse.

Does this sound like a reasonable thing to do?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry for the short reply above, was popping out.
So search YouTube: roadhawk and you'll see how it works. I've hard wired mine in, so it records constantly. No messy wires, I'll take a picture of it.
Here's mine in action at suprapod. I took it off its mount and used the suction mount to lower the angle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSIpNBPSUA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Only gripe is the lack of HD recording. However this unit records your speed and gps which is good. When the SD card gets full, it records over the oldest recorded segment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts