Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday i fitted a beautiful set of electrically adjustable and heated red Momo's to replace my standard red Momo's. They did not come with the actual wiring, so i had to McGyver that myself. Well... i did a pretty professional job i might say ;) There is a connector at the side of the car where the original wiring loom is connected to, and from there i made my own. Power is switched on using the contactkey and a relay (placed underneath the backseath behind the crashcontroller), the (green) heating knob backlight comes on with the interior lighting.

These seats are positioned a bit higher then the old ones due to the motors connected underneath, but they have a much better seating position, you are sitting inside the seats, no longer 'on top' of it. Much more support. The seats can be tilted at the front and the back and have a lumbar support. Very pleased with it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Good work - I am looking for some of these in Tan leather. Very envious, both of your job done and also your space for working in!

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Virtually every time electric seats are mentioned it gets said you sit lower in them. I have always found mine to be the opposite. I sit higher, just as jowi has found.
I'm not sure about them giving more support though. The leather on mine is much harder and has coarser grain than the average 916 seat. Possibly less comfortable if I'm honest.:(
Great job jowi ,well done!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Perfect colour combination now. Your GTV Looks stunning

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Alfafamily you do sit a bit lower, and a bit more 'enveloped' in the chair itself, due to the deepened seat, but the seat as a whole is positioned higher. Tilting it backwards a bit may give the illusion that you are sitting lower ;) you do feel like a fighter pilot in these seats :cool:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IRL you can see some minor scratches and stuff, also the plastic where the controls are is a bit scuffed, but they do look very good for 2001 seats :)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
@Alfafamily you do sit a bit lower, and a bit more 'enveloped' in the chair itself, due to the deepened seat, but the seat as a whole is positioned higher. Tilting it backwards a bit may give the illusion that you are sitting lower ;) you do feel like a fighter pilot in these seats :cool:
Only on Saturday my son remarked how much higher my seats are than his.;) Next time our two cars are together I'm going to do a bit of measuring.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Looks lovely. what models had powered seats fitted as standard.
I think they were an option and quite expensive, hence the rarity.

I do wonder why more people didn't go for the heated & electric seats as they were only £1000 extra. A much better seat than standard.

To the OP...

your car looks lovely, great colour combo !! 1 I would like to own :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
What is the thing with electric seats ?
It's extra weight and really how often do you move your seat ?
The only time I move my seats is to completely remove them to clean beneath them.
The air bag light doesn't come on when you move them with the ignition on. Almost worth it just for that. :lol:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I can understand where reveds is coming from. I don't get it either. I have the electric heated seats but I don't think they are more comfortable more supportive or better than standard. Everything that is said about them puzzles me because it does not apply to mine.
They are definitely more flash because everyone drools over them.:lol:

Do they put any value onto the car? If not I think I might look out for some standard seats for my car for when I sell it and sell the seats seperately.;)

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I like the direction this thread is taking. I'll second that I think the electric seats are rubbish - hopefully the values will come down and someone will decide to part with a pair of tan ones for peanuts because I REALLY WANT SOME

1 - 20 of 50 Posts