Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son went fishing with one of his mates last week and now wants to take up the activity. When I walk the dog I see lots of fishists but they all seem to have a ****load of gear, camo clothing, and ruddy great big trolleys to cart everything about on.

Our fishing will be limited to going up to the local canal so what do we actually need apart from rods and wrigglers to go on the end of our lines?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Beer :D

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Schoolboy error. Should have said "What do we actually need apart from beer, rods and wrigglers to go on the end of our lines?"

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
A net for landing the fish?

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
First thing you both need is a Licence from the Enviroment agency, get them at the Post Office.
You then need to know which club controls the water you want to fish.
You do not need mountains of gear (as i prove to my brother on many of our fishing trips by out-fishing him)
You really do need to be shown what to do and how to protect the fish you attempt to catch.
You would be better off going with someone that knows what they are doing, maybe to a day-ticket fishery, 1/ you are likely to catch 2/ no need to pay club fees.

I fish 3 or 4 times a week in summer, rivers/lakes and ponds, happy to help if you need it.
99% of my bait is either fake or from the kitchen cupboards

155's are great fishing cars as you can get rods through the ski hatch, but the sunny goes over rough ground faster..

·
Registered
44,780 Posts
Used to do a bit of kayaking when I was a yoof. God help you if you caught your paddle up on someones line, the air would be blue which is more than can be said for the water ! :lol: Why do fishers always look miserable ? :scratch:

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Used to do a bit of kayaking when I was a yoof. God help you if you caught your paddle up on someones line, the air would be blue which is more than can be said for the water ! :lol: Why do fishers always look miserable ? :scratch:

I am usually pretty happy when fishing, if i am on a river i will respect other users and expect it in return, if it is not forthcoming then a 'magapult' is a marvelous thing..:cool:

·
Administrator
45,154 Posts
From my experience as a walker, you need a massive selection of ever-long rods which you wedge across the walking path.

You then need to glare at any walkers, and grumble constantly when it comes to the point of you having to move them so people can get past.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
From my experience as a walker, you need a massive selection of ever-long rods which you wedge across the walking path.

You then need to glare at any walkers, and grumble constantly when it comes to the point of you having to move them so people can get past.
You can see why they get protective...:lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2013-Model-Daiwa-AIR-16m-Pole-Package-With-FREE-Daiwa-Holdall-AIRP160-AU-/281131651073?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item4174c09001

I fish canals rarely and in a light manner and adopt the live and let live approach, i know exactly what you mean about the 'pole boys' though amny 'c-ocks' amongst them..:thumbs:

·
Administrator
45,154 Posts
Crikey.

Yeah, while the mizzos seem to outnumber the cheerful ones, it's not like there aren't any who give a cheery hello.

I bet my scaring the fish away by screaming at my dog because I know he's about to try to eat their bait doesn't help. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts