Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... the drink has a drink ... and then the drink has you

What's the daftest thing you've ever done after having "one" too many?

I suspect some on here have several occasions, but one of mine was about
15 years ago, I'd been drinking vodka most of a Saturday at a friends house
(mixed with oranje juice) ... I must have passed out and then hours later woke
up on the settee in the dark apart from a dim lamp light and absolutely craving
a drink of water and bleary eyed I spotted what I thought was one and proceeded
to gulp down half the glass before realising it was neat vodka:eek::eek::eek::cry::vomit:

(shan't do that again)

and one other was me wth 2 friends going camping at a site in the New Forest in 1997
(on the day Diana died coincidentally) ... we camped up and headed for the nearest
pub, had some liquor and headed back to the tent ... but now it was pitch black
dark in the middle of the forest, we tried to follow the road but ended up falling
into a 4 foot ditch one afer the other ... you can't imagine in your wildest dreams
the chaos over the next few minutes as we tried to clamber out:wow::lol:

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I once walked down the street topless after a fuel filled disagreement with Mr PG :eek: Thank goodness no one saw me. It was after a lock in at the pub so it was about 3am! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Before anyone asks, I have no idea what the disagreement was about and why I felt the need to remove my top!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Working in the finance industry, and formerly a financial adviser, only last year I came in from a night out incredibly worse for wear and in true poor decision making style, decided to carry on and have a few more. I then say down at the PC and started to surf.

In the morning I had that nagging feeling that I had probably done something online that I shouldn't have done. The half-empty glass of wine was still there and so was my wallet.

Fearing the worst, I went through my browsing history which offered no clues to a drunken shopping spree - a few internet forums (nothing embarrassing), Facebook and my bank.

Two days later some confirmation paperwork came through the post. I had successfully applied for a cash ISA.

Rock and roll.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I once walked down the street topless after a fuel filled disagreement with Mr PG :eek: Thank goodness no one saw me. It was after a lock in at the pub so it was about 3am! :eek:
You know the Rules Jules, Pictures or it didn't happen :tut: :D

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
Working in the finance industry, and formerly a financial adviser, only last year I came in from a night out incredibly worse for wear and in true poor decision making style, decided to carry on and have a few more. I then say down at the PC and started to surf.

In the morning I had that nagging feeling that I had probably done something online that I shouldn't have done. The half-empty glass of wine was still there and so was my wallet.

Fearing the worst, I went through my browsing history which offered no clues to a drunken shopping spree - a few internet forums (nothing embarrassing), Facebook and my bank.

Two days later some confirmation paperwork came through the post. I had successfully applied for a cash ISA.

Rock and roll.
:cheese: :cheese: I didn't see that coming!

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
come on ... there has to be more than that ... spill the beans:lol: ... however embarrasing ... I've done it
why can't you ?

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I have more :eek:

I don't drink much any more as a result :lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
too many to count, but I think drink+mobile+texting is a recipe for many disasters.

One that stands out is when I was seeing a young lady called Lisa. I also had a friend called Lisa (can you see where this is heading?) After a few too many sherbets I decided that I was most definitley in love with friend Lisa, and proceeded to tell her this by text, whilst outlining all the faults with girlfriend Lisa... and sent the text. Its interesting to see all hell break loose at 3am and just having to sit back and let it all float by. I was single soon after, unsurprisingly.

Sober **** ups include: Sending an email to a Mental Health Charity enquiring about our products, and ending my email with 'Best Regards'. Except that I didnt, in my haste I typed 'Best Retards'. Didn't get the sale....

Or just this week, I was training some people at a large train company, and as I was saving a file, I meant to call it 'Arriva Test'. I typed 'Arriva 'Tw*t' (the keys are close to each other). As this was on a projector screen, I can recommend it as a great ice breaker...

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
1972, a camp site in Germany, a litre of vodka between 2 of us sitting outside the tent. Bed time, I duck into the tent, misjudge it and crash straight through the wooden pole. Drunken fumblings in the boot of the car revealed a role of sticking plaster which was put to good use securing said pole. In doing so I taped up the rope for the small sticky-out bit over the entrance, never did bother to fix it. The tent survived for the rest of the holiday.

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
After a bottle of wine (yes, all to myself - total recipe for disaster) I once started talking to our dog, who was lying on a rug on the floor. I was kneeling down, chatting away to her and all of a sudden Mr PG noticed I'd gone quiet. I was still kneeling over, but my forehead was on the floor and I was giving it zzzzzzzzzzz :lol:

Apparently I have a fine line between wahey and zzzzzzz according to Mr PG :eek:

·
Administrator
23,041 Posts
Many years ago during my first marriage we had another married couple over. My, then, wife had told me, in confidence that the wife had had an affair and the husband did not know.

After a good many drinks we were all feeling mellow - I was feeling the warmth of friendship - not quite the drunken "I love you, I really do" - but not far off it.

So I came out with (can't remember the exact words as it was nearly 40 years ago)

"You know what - you are my greatest friends and I don't even care that (name) slept with that guy"

It went a bit quiet. It stayed a bit quiet until they left 5 minutes later. Then it got a bit loud when my then wife explained that, perhaps that was not such a good idea.

Funnily enough though we remained friends and a few months later they didn't exactly thank me (why ever not?) but did say it had got it out in the open and they had resolved it. They are still together to this day.

Perhaps I should set up the "Drunken Marriage Guidance Bureau"? Perhaps not.

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
:eek:

Good that they stayed together. Pleased that they still talk to you. Surprised by the last two statements.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts