Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my first warrenty work on my sportiva. Only 6 weeks old and 700 on the clock. Car has been great but the rear washer jet sprays onto the windscreen of the car behind me:)

New washer jet was ordered on Monday, arrived to day. And can be fitted anytime I want this week:)

I'm still waiting to year from the service manager about a split on my tyre after pucking the car up from new.

Apart from the uconnect upgrade anybody else had any warrenty work mode on their MY14 Giulietta? If so what?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm waiting for parts to fix the vibrating drivers mirror, when idle, squeaking air bag in the steering wheel and replacement 'Giulietta' badge on the back, as the 'G' is peeling off. Nothing major, so not too bothered when the parts come in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Only issue i had was the passenger speaker wasn't fully working so had it replaced, took a week for the parts and repair to be done, actual repair took 2 hours

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm waiting for parts to fix the vibrating drivers mirror, when idle, squeaking air bag in the steering wheel and replacement 'Giulietta' badge on the back, as the 'G' is peeling off. Nothing major, so not too bothered when the parts come in.
I have a touch of vibration on the inside rear veiw mirror specially on rough roads but I put this now yo the lower profile 18 wheels.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think the badges are made from the best material specially with UV rays. My old mito was only 3 years old when I sold it. The badge was fading nd I only used it at the weekends and would be locked in a dark garage during the week.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Squeaks and rattles - no parts required
1st one was the passenger side airbag lose, took them two goes to find - to be fair they suspected it was in the headlining but didn't have time left to strip it out to see and so was booked in for a repeat visit.
2nd to 4th ones. Squeaky steering wheel airbag, rear passenger speaker vibrations and the driver window rattle. All sorted in one day except the window rattle which came back the next day. Yet to go back to them about that as I'm seeing how others with the same issue get on.

I have to say that, so far, the service side of my dealer has been good. Nothing to complain about at all and the coffee machine produces a drinkable brew :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've had the side-skirt refitted (clip failed), rear door chrome trim replaced (then the seal replaced too as it didn't fit that well), mat clip replaced, drivers seat back replaced due to fraying, still waiting on a knock resolution. Dealer has been pretty good but with a tendency to order the wrong parts first time around. Much better as soon as the service manager got himself involved - that removed the waiting for a courtesy car to be available which can be an annoyance.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Airbag seem to be an issue with some Gs here.I sometimes think I have a knocking sound too but when I hear it I can see its the passenger seat belt hitting the frame. My dealer has be great to with text alerts and good service,
even washed the car after the uconnect upgrade. Car wasn't even that dirty.

Just one question. Do you guys get a very slight vibration on the rear view inside mirror on rough roads? Also have you tried playing a song with a lot of bass with the volume high? The mirror will also vibrate with every bass beat. I'm trying to figure out if this is just the nature of inside rearview mirror with the 18inch wheels and the unconnect or a fault.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Airbag seem to be an issue with some Gs here.I sometimes think I have a knocking sound too but when I hear it I can see its the passenger seat belt hitting the frame. My dealer has be great to with text alerts and good service,

Just one question. Do you guys get a very slight vibration on the rear view inside mirror on rough roads? Also have you tried playing a song with a lot of bass with the volume high? The mirror will also vibrate with every bass beat. I'm trying to figure out if this is just the nature of inside rearview mirror with the 18inch wheels and the unconnect or a fault.
I haven't noticed any issues with the rear view mirror. Mine seems fine, so it maybe a slight issue on yours.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts

I have the rear view mirror vibration with the music up loud issue.....and guess what! I have 18s too! To be honest though, I'm not bothered by it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the rear view mirror vibration with the music up loud issue.....and guess what! I have 18s too! To be honest though, I'm not bothered by it.
Initially I had the bass to more than half.. Turning it down to 3 bars stops the vibration unless the music is very loud. the vibration is very slight on a bumpy round. I think its just the harder movement on the road with the 18ss that causes a bit of a shuddering. I've checked and the mirror feels very firm.

Washer jet getting replaced tomorrow:)

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Initially I had the bass to more than half.. Turning it down to 3 bars stops the vibration unless the music is very loud. the vibration is very slight on a bumpy round. I think its just the harder movement on the road with the 18ss that causes a bit of a shuddering:)
I've noticed it since I switched 'loud' back on

G

·
This seems a common problem as I also get this (Bose sound system).
Possibly Rear view mirror is not damped enough for our 18" wheels and sound system :confused:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree. It's only slight and at speed, but with the bas and volume high you really notice it. The mirror is pretty firm. Didn't have that problem on the mito with 17 wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts