Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, it's my first post here, please excuse my newbie"ness" :D
I've already done some searches but the results are pretty confusing.
I drive a 2008 Spider in Hong Kong and I believe it has the most basic stereo system.
No aux cable, no USB. Just the single disk "italian" CD player that jams all the time...

I'm really looking for the simplest solution to be able to play music from my ipod, I don't need it to charge, just a simple aux cable will be perfect. (no radio transmitter though)

Some solutions I found from the search was dension icelink/gateway100? B&M? ICELOUNGE?

Also found this cable: Hands free mobile phone accessories - Car Phone Kits
which the title "Alfa / Fiat AUX in cable for radio" sounds kinda right, but I have no idea how it would work.

Thanks in advance!

Here are some pics of the car, hope you enjoy:

A pic of my DD:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Getno, The cable should do you fine. To fit this you will need to remove the head unit and route the cable through to the glove box.
The head unit shown is the one I replaced so not sure if its the same as yours.

The cable just replaces the blue connector (i think) there is a pinout on the top of the head unit. After this you will just need a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2 x RCA adapter lead to plug into your Ipod.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Your Spider looks great in that blue.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
And it would be possible to plug in a Bluetooth receiver at the end of the cable?!
(to be able to stream muisc from the Iphone)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getno, The cable should do you fine. To fit this you will need to remove the head unit and route the cable through to the glove box.
The head unit shown is the one I replaced so not sure if its the same as yours.

The cable just replaces the blue connector (i think) there is a pinout on the top of the head unit. After this you will just need a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2 x RCA adapter lead to plug into your Ipod.
Where do you get those fork looking tools? The unit just comes out when i put them into the holes?
If I really get the cable, do you know if there is space or hole behind the stereo unit where I can just wire the it to the grove box without drilling?

Thanks for helping out!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'd think you can use any four thingies that fit into the holes. That will release something and you'll get it out. At least that's how it works in a GT/147.

And there's plenty of room back there. It will probably be obvious how to get the cable to the glove compartment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts