Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. My first post and my first Alfa so go easy on me! Tonight I become the proud owner of a 2011 Giulietta 2.0 JTDM-2 Lusso in black with 44,500miles. Recent service, cam belt and water pump replacement. All four alloys have also been recently refurbished. I've been looking at these for a while and finally decided to go for it. Have I made the right decision and choice as far as model / engines go? I wasn't entirely sure what to look out for but it looked very clean and honest. Any info. you have regarding any issues or things to look out for would be much appreciated. Thanks, Cy.

·
Registered
38,691 Posts
They are generally very reliable.

But watch out for the EGR cooler cover cracking.

There have been a few issues with gearboxes refusing to go into 1st gear, and a few issues with the wiring between the tailgate and hatch breaking and causing rear lights and rear heated windows not to work.

Dampers tend to be past their best at relatively low mileages.

Other than that buy it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are generally very reliable.

But watch out for the EGR cooler cover cracking.

There have been a few issues with gearboxes refusing to go into 1st gear, and a few issues with the wiring between the tailgate and hatch breaking and causing rear lights and rear heated windows not to work.

Dampers tend to be past their best at relatively low mileages.

Other than that buy it and enjoy it.
Thanks for the info. symon. I'm picking the car up on Tuesday so just needed some knowledge from other owners. I'll look more closely at these areas when I get her home. Cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Got the keys yesterday afternoon and jumped straight in. I must say the styling both inside and out are superb. First drive felt comfortable and responsive compared to my last car which was a Mazda 3 Sport 2.0.

It's been a while since I was excited about going to work on a Monday morning but today was different for all the right reasons! Any other forum members from the New Forest area?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Update: Got the keys yesterday afternoon and jumped straight in. I must say the styling both inside and out are superb. First drive felt comfortable and responsive compared to my last car which was a Mazda 3 Sport 2.0.

It's been a while since I was excited about going to work on a Monday morning but today was different for all the right reasons! Any other forum members from the New Forest area?
Just for that you can have next Monday off!

Go on South Central forum for posts local to you.

:ao:Alfa day at Beaulieu on Sunday April 17th, should be fun!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
themazda3 gets rated highly aswell, how does the G differ?
I had my 2005 Mazda 3 (1st generation) for 6 years and it was a great car. 100% reliable unlike my previous car a Golf Gti. The Mazda has now covered just over 128,500 miles and I wanted a change. The Alfa G 140 diesel is quicker and seems more refined and better looking from all angles. Whether it will be as reliable only time will tell but everytime I get behind the wheel it brings a grin to my face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts