Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car back last Wednesday, and then was away for work from Friday until today. So what was the first thing I did when I got back?

Yep drove the GTA :lol:. I only needed some bread and milk and could have gone to Sainsburys which is walking distance, but Asda is a nice little drive away :D

Anyone esle done the same after being away? or am I just mad?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Yep I do, everytime I get back from sea. I'm away this month and miss my GTA a lot.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

I got the right @rse ache when we got back from holiday ... I had to pop out to pick up a curry and I couldn't find my car keys, I was stomping round the house demanding that people help me look for them (I got no help as I was the one who had hidden them before going away on holiday), so I had to take the Scenic ... I'd got a couple of miles down the road when I remembered where I'd put them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Most expensive loaf of bread going :lol: But worth every penny ;)
You carn't put a price on the GTA. "The best things in life are free" well the GTA certainly isn't but wouldnt change her!

I always take the GTA whenever I can, only need the slightest excuse and she is out the gargage and vvvrrrrrrrrroooooooooooommmm

·
Registered
580 Posts
I drive mine on Thursday, Friday and some of the weekend.

It is like a long weekend of the GTA experience! Only 1 more day to wait, wooopeeee....

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I am taking mine to work today, needs a clean though. I like her to be sparking it turns more heads! Show off me? Attention seeker? Center of attention? Not me!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Aint been out in the GTA since last Wednesday :(

But gotta 'nip' up to Wakefield on Monday night :thumbs:

If you're out and about that night (A34, A43, M1) give us a wave :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
i didnt drive my car for 4 weeks! imagine how long my drive was!
Did exactly the same last week after a 5 week GTA drought.

Any excuse...:thumbs:

·
Registered
793 Posts
But gotta 'nip' up to Wakefield on Monday night...
Just had a great run in the GTA: 220 miles - longest trip I've done since I bought it and the first time I've taken full advantage of the cruise control - very useful in those average speed camera sections on the M1.

Speaking of averages, managed 62mph average velocity and nearly 25mpg average consumption - not bad considering the smiles per mile were off the scale :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts