Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the "my wife the criminal" thread in WOT, what affect will a court appearance and a probable 3 - 5 points + hefty fine (98 on the M4, scamera van) have on Clare's insurance:confused:

Also, what happens if she gets a short ban (no points):confused:

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Bad luck - I got banned for doing 126 on the M6 once, due to mitigating circumstances (& a very good brief) I got a 14 day ban & 6 points. Strangely the 6 points are added there and then and when I got my licence back 2 weeks later it was clean.

To answer your question re the insurance - go one on of the insurance price comparison sites and add the offences and see what happens.

·
Registered
171 Posts
AS far as I know it is not normal to get a ban under 100, unless very reckless. Normally you get a slap on the wrists and points and fine. If she is having to appear and did not get the choice to plead guilty by letter, they may just want to scare her by being in court.

I got away with 94 on the A1 on a late sunday morning with plenty of traffic. I just got the points and fine, but pleaded guilty by letter.

twas a fair cop guv' n all that. Guy that pulled me was very understanding and very reasonable. held my hands up as soon as i got in his car. Wish we had more of them.

N

·
0 Posts
Funny how insurance companies price(/profiteer) insurance based
on speeding fines. If you think about it it'd be like charging
someone more for a train ticket if they'd spent time inside.

Here, your driving record is no-ones ****ing business except yours.
;)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Surprising they haven't just given £60 & 3points, that's the norm under 100 !!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Surprising they haven't just given £60 & 3points, that's the norm under 100 !!
SWP operate a strict 26 or above over the limit non-FPN system. Worse even than the VietGwent:eek:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
several years ago 100+ @ Alton Hants. Was advised to get brief and be prepared for 2 year ban. No brief, apologised to magistrates , mitigated with dry conditions and 2.30 am. Result 2 week ban (longest 2 weeks of my life) No points, no effect on insurance. Wish your wife good luck.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Alton? I love that road from Basingstoke to Alton.

The only time that I have been done for speeding, was 8pm on a Sunday night along the A4 on the west side of Chippenham at the entrance of an Industrial Estate. You could think that it may be an accident black spot between 7am and 6pm during the week, but 8pm on a Sunday?

They had about 3 Pug 605 24Vs parked up in the Industrial Estate and they were taking it in turns to write tickets and hold the hair dryer.

I was doing 42mph in a 30. Hardly crime of the century 3 points and £40.

The GATSO outside my house has recently been removed. It's still a race track as it was when the camera was up, and the worst culprits are the neighbours. I think 70 plus on a curve over a Zebra crossing in a 40 should get a custodial sentence myself.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Result was 6 points, SP50 & £270 fine. Have advised CKI and they seemed disinterested. The policy may be loaded by a maximum of 10% due to the insurance group of Clare's GT (19). Any further ideas or thoughts? Cheers, Simon.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i don't think insurance companies are as concerned about speeding points on peoples licences as they used to be. i reckon the majority of the population will by now have/had points on their licence at some time or other. i think insurance companies are more worried about points arising from dangerous/careless/drink driving these days

N

·
0 Posts
Here is France it's none of their damn business.
Which, if you think about it, is how it should be.

;)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My insurance actually went down on renewal, especially after a bit of shopping around. They were true to their word - 6 points for one offence on a M Way is not an issue:wow: I stayed with them as I am too lazy to switch:eek:

They have always been good too, especially when I had my 156 totalled.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
There's hope for us all!! :D:thumbs:
Good news Simon :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts