Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I saw the press release today where Alfa claimed they were "taking orders" for the First Edition with 280bhp engine. Unfortunately they didn't confirm prices or full specs - and nothing about the other versions and when they may be available.

·
Registered
33,751 Posts
Alfa Romeo Stelvio First Edition introduces new Alfa SUV | Auto Express

Some more details and price info here. Crazy price. Makes the larger Maserati Levante look like exceptional value with it's £54k starting price.

Being aspirational is one thing, Alfa, but being delusional is something else altogether :tut:
An Italian friend whose brother has carried out market research on behalf of Alfa Romeo would disagree with you, as they found there are some very wealthy people interested in buying an Alfa.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
An Italian friend whose brother has carried out market research on behalf of Alfa Romeo would disagree with you, as they found there are some very wealthy people interested in buying an Alfa.
Oh I'm sure there are, but are there enough to hit Alfa's ambitious sales targets, or would they soon have to start knocking thousands off the list price to get the majority of the population interested? Also, where does it leave them to go with the larger SUV? If the Stelvio is already knocking on the door of the Levante from the class above, then will the bigger Alfa SUV exceed the price of the Maserati? How does that work? The Maserati brand is meant to be above Alfa, I thought?! :confused:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Liam if you match price of Stelvio First Edition with Giulia Veloce 280 hp with similar options, Stelvio costs around 3000€ more, so that does not seems to much and certainly isn't close to the Levante, which is still much more expensive and one class above.
Levante starts at 70.000€ in Germany, and that is with 275 hp diesel, whic is cca. 20.000€ more than Stelvio with similar horse power.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Liam if you match price of Stelvio First Edition with Giulia Veloce 280 hp with similar options, Stelvio costs around 3000€ more, so that does not seems to much and certainly isn't close to the Levante, which is still much more expensive and one class above.
Levante starts at 70.000€ in Germany, and that is with 275 hp diesel, whic is cca. 20.000€ more than Stelvio with similar horse power.
I've not compared the Giulia price with the Stelvio. However, the Levante starts at £54,335 in the UK, so if the Stelvio First Edition comes in at £52,000 in the UK, even allowing for cheaper basic models, the Maserati looks like something of a bargain. When Alfa launch their larger SUV, it could end up being very closely priced to the Maserati equivilent which just seems odd.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts