Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our mighty turnout for the first meet. Good to catch up with the two of you anyway - hopefully things will pick up over the summer! I just grabbed a couple of quick snaps before legging it home with my boot full of thawing food - not too bad considering the fading light :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys. At least each car get's some coverage when there are only 3 hey?

The 164 is now owned by alfarobbie - you will have to ask him but I think it goes very well, apart from expense of exhaust work :/ I take it you are the guy who clocked up all the big bills before he bought it, lol. It's a tidy motor :thumbs:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for the update!
Luckily, it wasn't me that forked out the 5k+ on her; the previous owner up in Scotland footed all the bills in the 'invoice folder'!
I won her on Ebay and flew up to Edinburgh Airport to pick her up and drove back to South East London that afternoon... Quite a day!:wow:
Had a superb 300+ mile drive home and was surprisingly not too bad on fuel!
I had her checked over by Gonella's in Catford who found that the cam belt had jumped a tooth on one of the exhaust pulleys (quite common apparently) also had all the spark plugs replaced.
The flexible section on the exhaust and the slight clutch judder were the only sticking points.
I understand that Peter, the guy who bought her from me, had the flexi section replaced but still had a 'raspy' sound!
I had a brilliant 18 months with her and in a way, kinda wish I'd kept her... As much as I love the 156 V6, it just doesn't feel as solid as the old 164!
I'm really glad that she is still being cherished by an Alfa enthusiast and given the amount spent on her, should carry on giving many more miles of Alfa smiles! :thumbs:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, Yes she is a nice car. Thank Peter for us. (I think it was Peter) Needs a new cat. There is leak at the joint with the downpipes. Yes it is still buzzing! (Alfa want £700 for the cat!) I don,t think so. Can get one from Onlineautomotive. You cannot see the missing paint on the bumper on photo. Good one Bigmac. Looking to get paint done after cat. This is my third 164! must try the 166! next.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, nice photos. You cannot see the lack of paint on my bumper. Nice of the previous owner to post. See you at the Autoitailia meeting place.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi Robbie,
The old Super is still looking great! :thumbs:
Hopefully, the small bit of corrosion in the rear door jams won't be anything serious, given the overall condition.
With regards to the exhaust, I was advised that it the engine mounts could be part of the problem with the engine not sitting in the correct position, putting strain on the flexible sections.
I did look into getting these replaced, but they are quite hard to get hold of now and very expensive!
I think I read somewhere about Saab 9000 mounts being modified?
I'll have to get along to one of the Nottingham meets and see the old girl myself!

Brian.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, if either of you 2 spider,GTV owners are interested I have front bumper for sale, its from a 1996 Spider, has a couple of small cracks on the top but would be covered by the bonnet or easy repair, might be good to have a spare sometime, its in blue!
message me if interested!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Nottingham Alfa garages etc..

Hi Guys,

My brov inlaw is finally looking at getting an Alfa :cool: happy days

As he lives in notts I was thinking of asking about good and bad garages for Alfa's over there.

Also does anyone know of a good 156 jtd or TS for about 4.5k in the area?

I was thinking 1.9 or 2.4 jtd as he lives in the sticks and would like to keep for a few years. SW would be a good option as well.

Cheers
t

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's all about AlfaTecnico in Nottingham as far as I'm aware. Lewis has done a couple of jobs on my car and he is sound as a pound.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts