Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my MiTo for the first time at night yesterday.

The white illuminated dials look good but not so keen on the red illumination of the multifunctional display. The red colour looks very 1980's and far too bright at night. What I'd like to do is dim it a bit. I've read through the owner's manual ump-teen times to try and find a way but can't find an option anywhere.

Is there an on board dimmer switch to dim things down a bit ???

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi didcotman, with your lights on just start pressing the + and - buttons on your menu panel near the drivers door, I think the default illumination is one short of full, you can turn it right down :) does dim everything though...

take care,
J.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks bridder. You've solved my problem. I can put the owner's manual away and enjoy the rest of Sunday.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cool, glad I could help. I still haven't done any night driving, something arapoda has recommended to me...

J.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We had the opposite reaction on our first night drive (day after we got the car last week). We love the red lights! Also the strange red mini spots next to the overhead internal lights... *shrug* It all looks rather fine to me.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
personally I love the red look and the blue on the the nite dials is good as a contrast and I really like the red led ambiant lights over the centre console all makes the car look gr8 in my view :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Red is the only color that doesn't completely screw your night-vision, followed by green. All interior night-lights therefor should be red. By far the worst is the white (even worse when it's with LED's - they are a combination of multiple colored LED's), closely followed by blue.

D

·
0 Posts
Alfa's at night are brilliant from within the cockpit, you need to turn it up so bright you can't see where you are going, then you'll love it, :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts