Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the GTA is up for sale, but I took it for a decent run for the first time this weekend. From Yorkshire up to Newcastle, then along Hadrians wall to Haydon Bridge and associated hill driving! 340 miles all in.

I've not really had the chance to appreciate these cars, they truly are a pleasure to drive! Sat at 80mph most of the way and averaged over 30mpg on cruise control.

Sat in 5 miles of traffic on the A1 on the way back, and I got so many admiring glances (for the car I presumed, not me:lol: ).

Not a murmur from the car, after 93k it still drives like a new one, although i'd definately leave the car to cool down before checking the oil. I burnt my finger on metal bit of the dipstick whilst giving it a quick check!!!:mad:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Great car & great to drive. A classic in the making! :D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Sounds like you missed out on one of the best roads in the country if you went back down the A1 - Haydon Bridge to Penrith via Alston/Hartside is fantastic. Also Allendale, Weardale, Teesdale, A66 to Scotch Corner. You know for next time!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Well, the GTA is up for sale, but I took it for a decent run for the first time this weekend. From Yorkshire up to Newcastle, then along Hadrians wall to Haydon Bridge and associated hill driving! 340 miles all in.

I've not really had the chance to appreciate these cars, they truly are a pleasure to drive! Sat at 80mph most of the way and averaged over 30mpg on cruise control.

Sat in 5 miles of traffic on the A1 on the way back, and I got so many admiring glances (for the car I presumed, not me:lol: ).

Not a murmur from the car, after 93k it still drives like a new one, although i'd definately leave the car to cool down before checking the oil. I burnt my finger on metal bit of the dipstick whilst giving it a quick check!!!:mad:
I'd really like to buy one of these, your price is very good, car is capable of far more mileage but unfortunately i think the irish goverment has made it very difficult. Just example of how much it would end up costing.

Asking £5200
is €6569 (I'd buy it in a flash...)
add VRT of €4710 for registration
and one year of tax of €1491 and a rough estimate of insurance of €1700 for a 24 yr old. Totals, €14470 or in sterling about £11,500.

This isnt ment to discourage ppl from GTA's, in fact in england it should encourage, as it is getting tougher to own these cars. Any very very difficult in Ireland.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts