Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my first question about my new car.

Does anybody know if when the engine management light comes on does selespeed warning light come on as a matter of course to indicate you are in limp mode and can only select 1st and 2nd?

Trying to figure out if the problem is Selespeed related or throttle related.

Basically as soon as I apply any throttle the engine warning light kicks in as does the Selespeed warning light.

When I am driving in 2nd at constant throttle if surges quite rapidly then dies down again.
Gear changes are fine but a bit lumpy, pulling away from lights sometimes causes the clutch to engage and disengage quickly, other times it wheel spins like a dog that had its balls kicked!!

Sound throttle related to me but would like to hear others opinions.

Ta muchly Chris

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Does sound like a throttle issue. The seles are fly-by-wire, so there's a position sensor at the pedal and on the throttle body.

To save guessing though, get a copy of AlfaDiag - invaluable for owning a Selespeed - and read the fault codes :thumbs:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent, have given rarebear a PM. Could really do with getting it diagnosed sooner though!!!
Just getting worse now, I was stationary at work and everytime I was in neutral and gave it some throttle the engine management light and selespeed light came on and beeped. Cleared the faults and warning lights start the car, rev a bit...beep beep beep!!!
Dammit!!!
Have removed a WD40'd the white throttle multipin connector under the glove box too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts