Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I can now join the "Gremlins Club of Alfa" since the ABS warning light came on yesterday. I suspect it has something to do with the heavy rain. When it lit up the cruise control turned off immedately, apparantly some safety feature. After stopping and "re-booting" the car the cruise was ok again, but the ABS was still lit.

The day after everything was back to normal, I drove at least 200 km´s before the ABS warning came on again. Guess what, it happened soon after some more rain! And now it won´t go off.

Is this a common thing? My guess would be a dodgy ABS-sensor connection, so when raining water may penetrate and cause a short.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Without sounding to dum!

Could it be just worn pads? i know on some cars, ABS light turns on as a warning for that, actually though i own a 166 im not sure if that's the case for them. But there is a sensor in the pad for sure.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys, I´ll check the pads first. But I doubt the ABS warning comes on before the actual pad-warning light. I´ll also check the sensor leads for damage, split isolation or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts