Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I say claying I used a 3G clay mitt Halfords | Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt

But wow! What a difference it makes to the paintwork, you can actually feel the crap coming off of it!
I thought I was scratching the paint work to start with, but it's made a huge difference!

I'm actually looking forward to it raining so I can see what effect it has then! Well, actually I'm not, I put it in the garage as I don't want to spoil it! :lol:

image.jpg

Will have to load the rest of the pics individually it seems using my ipad.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image.jpg

Well pleased with the results. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Top job !! As many have said before in this lounge claying is not to be afraid of.
All I did was washed it with AG shampoo, used the clay mitt with 3G detailing spray wiped of with a micro fibre cloth and the used AG wax. Piece of pi..... Easy Peasy! :p

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
a clay mit cant say i have seen one of them, are you talking about the kit in a box?the gt looks awesome well done:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The mitt is as per the link in the original post. For £12.99 it's a bargain. And as there's a greater surface area I imagine it's a hell of a lot quicker than a bar.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Ive heard the clay bar is more detailed and accurate in picking up gunk off your paintwork but the claymitt does a more broader job and is much faster.

Probably doesn't matter either way unless you fanatical about concourse results then the clay bar would be more relevant.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It got a great review on the detailing world website. So I thought I'd give it a go.
Glad I did.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice bit of beading. Must have done it right :cool:

image.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good work!!! I used a clay bar a couple of weeks ago, I found it to be very quick to be honest. I then got stuck into an AG SRP, it was a bit dusty on buffing off. I reckon I put on too much?

Anyway, next time I'll also wax after the SRP as after 2 weeks of just the SRP the beading is reducing and the finish is less impressive.

The mitt looks like it did a great job, once again, good work!!!

Check out ma beads!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks good! Need to clay mine still

Good work!!! I used a clay bar a couple of weeks ago, I found it to be very quick to be honest. I then got stuck into an AG SRP, it was a bit dusty on buffing off. I reckon I put on too much?

Anyway, next time I'll also wax after the SRP as after 2 weeks of just the SRP the beading is reducing and the finish is less impressive.

The mitt looks like it did a great job, once again, good work!!!

Check out ma beads!!!
I've found SRP tends to go powdery if it has either been on the car too long or exposed to the sun. I usually polish a panel, then buff it off before moving to the next panel.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts