Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I had a problem with my car. Driver's seatbelt would not extend. It is blocked. I reportet it to the dealer and I am waiting for new one (seatbelt of course:) ). They have had similar case once in early Mito.Allegedly generally modern seat belts are very sensitive and it can block even in tilted car .:wow:

By the way I got used to my car: on the beginning it seemed too stiff/harsh to me, at present I find it better even sometimes too soft. I dont now why?? The only reason is LPG plant I have installed. The 20 kg tank in boot+LPG inside seems to change rear traction. Now it is less susceptible for rear jumping on uneven corners.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The drivers one on a 156 always gets locked whilst on a rear slope
I can testify to that
My driveway slopes upwards and we have to drive up the to just short of the road and brake hard to release the belt , sometimes even thats not enough.
Its because the belt is locked by a pendulum locking mechanism and the tilt of a hill moves it into the lock position.
Its only my 156 that does it though no other car that gets parked there.

Peter

·
0 Posts
Nah - it started about seatbelts & 'evolved' into polish ladies - perfectly natural :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So now I can see little connection between my seatbelt and LPG plant. My seatbelt blocked when I was on regulation LPG plant. I was driving and LPG instalator was sitting as passenger with notebook. I wanted to do it well so I drived in crazy way: sudden acceleration and breaking because traffic. Could it be reason of seatbelt blocking?
Maybe it would be sufficient to shake it well but new one is alredy ordered.
The off topic about polish sexy girls is not my fault:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
And how are you satisfied wth LPG conversion? What is the consumption after the conversion? What kind of LPG tank dit you install (I persume that it is torodial - instead of spare tire), what is the capacity of the tank? I heard that is a problem when converting Mito to LPG. Mito has in original EURO 5, but conversion to LPG is only EURO 4, did they changed something because of that fact? And for last - you have Mito with 155 HP? Is LPG affecting performances in any way?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So I have 95/78 BHP engine, plant is BRC sequent plug and drive. This plant has connection with OBD and with the help of program for adjusting the plant you can get access to diagnostic functions of car ECU. Tank is toroidal in place of spare wheel, 42 liters gross, it can be filled with about 34 liters of LPG.
I dont know what are EURO issues, in Poland are yearly technical examination (for cars older than 2 years) and limits are the same for every car. Allegedly LPG is more environment friendly. EURO 5 is not rather virtue for car performance. After last two visits on LPG pump station consumption is about 6-7 liters LPG/100km. It is strange, it seems too little for me althought I did not drove in heavy traffic. I will have an eye for it. I can't see worse in performance, on the contrary, car seems stronger in 2000-2500 rpm but precise measurement would be needed. But I can see the difference in my wallet :) at this moment LPG price is about 40% of gasoline. Only problem was slight "plocking" in moment of switching port deactivation (PDA), after last regulation I have not experienced this, but installer, for sure, obliged himself to research the problem in details in BRC center.
Yes I am satisfied.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts