1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lads ! :)

This is what we have in mind for this kind of event:
http://www.aroc-uk.com/eastmids/mitcar2012.html

We have been talking about doing an event like this for a long time now.

We had it in our plans last year, the year before and so on....

This year, we have it in our List of Activities once more.

Lets make this happen !
Even though it might not be as glamorous as we would like, we should give it a try and see what we end up with :)

The event is marked on our list for the 14th of October, but if everyone is OK with changing the date, I would prefer we make it on Sunday the 21st of October.

In my opinion, in order to make something like this happen, we need to form up a group of volunteers, which will have the time and are willing to sit down and organize this.

I believe that 5 people would be more than enough and of course you can count me in as one of them :thumbs:

Let me know what you think guys, if this is going down we need to start organizing everything from NOW !

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - Find a nice place
2 - Invite some companies that might be interested in setting up stands to sell drinks and snacks
3 - Arrange for some kind of music or Live Link if possible
4 - Invite members and Italian car owners to attend (in UK you just show up in an Alfa, Fiat, Lanica, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Masserati and they just let you in)
5 - Advertise the event through out facebook, forums and banners - maybe even through the radio
6 - Arrange for some symbolic awards (best of show, most original, best restored, nicest modified etc)

There must be people on the spot where they would direct each car that attends the show to where it should park and make sure that irrelevant cars stay out.

Thats just about it ! People will come to see some cars. The more cars we have, the better the event will be !

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm already talking to some people. Will arrange a meeting after the holidays (for those of you who are on holidays) to discuss.

One thing is for sure, we cant do this on our own. We need help from outside from people who are already networked into these kind of stuff.

Pavlos, what do you think ? Can we form a group of 5 to take care of business ?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Gia snacks mporw na rwtisw egw.
Gia topo? Proteinw kapou kentrika p.x. Tafro da villa i parking zena palas makariou.
Episis na proseggisoume kai kanena super fm gia live link?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
ive lost intrest in the suds at minute chris,busy renovating a house, so no time for em.
the tix has not been started for over a year now,and the green cloverleaf about 6 months.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Back on topic.. this italian day will only be as successful as the will power to make it happen, so to save chit chat on forum, pls 'to the powers that be' tell us when to meet and get going cos we dont really have a great amount of time..

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are waiting from Aoustring to let us know when and where they will be doing their burnout show, because we MIGHT work together on this - given that they already have the experience.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
We are waiting from Aoustring to let us know when and where they will be doing their burnout show, because we MIGHT work together on this - given that they already have the experience.
pretty please,,,, can we have a little meet up to get some fresh ideas on the table?? did i say please?? :cool:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Good luck Guy's I'm attending this meet on Sunday it's only the second year it's been held and I organise the Alfa Section.

Ormskirk Motor Fest 2012

I don't know Cyprus but, I do know how to promote events, I'm not too bad at IT and I was part of the team that set up the UK Regional Lounges on AO :D

So I'm here for support and advice :thumbs:

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
Good luck Guy's I'm attending this meet on Sunday it's only the second year it's been held and I organise the Alfa Section.

Ormskirk Motor Fest 2012

I don't know Cyprus but, I do know how to promote events, I'm not too bad at IT and I was part of the team that set up the UK Regional Lounges on AO :D

So I'm here for support and advice :thumbs:
Thanks HM:thumbs:

Why dont you move over to Cyprus? :lol:

1 - 20 of 354 Posts