Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what a day. i picked up my 156 today and been out in it all day. what a car! the throttle and steering response is out of this world and the selespeed gearbox although hard to get used to is fantastic. have noticed a knocking on the front right suspension and a rear electric window doesn't work, but nothing can take the smile off my face:D. is there any quick fixes for the window or is it the motor.

·
Registered
350 Posts
probably a broken wire or bad connection mate and the bangin anti roll bar drop link would be the first thing to check as its probably cause of the banging and easiest to do:thumbs:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the advice. il check on the window tomorrow and i recently changed the anti roll bar drop links on my previous car so il have a look at that tomorrow

·
Registered
150 Posts
1 of the rear windows on my 156 would go down but not up! turned out to be a faulty switch (easy to change out with a new one), probably not the same fault as you but I thought I'd let you know just incase it helps. Enjoy you car though, they are awesome aren't they!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
It was also my first day with my first Alfa and what a great day its been. Mine is a 147 2.0 and after 1.2L Clios for 4 years just tapping the accelerator on the Alfa puts a great big smile on my face.
I have started to notice a few niggles which i guess you miss when on a short test drive. Theres a squeak from the front left of the car which i believe is the brakes so nothing to serious i hope. And then occasionally at low rev's there a bit of a rattle from the engine.
Other than this she's perfect i'm totally in love with it haha. I have started talking to Bella already which is something i have never done with previous cars.
Good times

D

·
0 Posts
Mate, I'm breaking a 2001 Sportwagon at the moment, if you need a window reg / motor let me know and I'll do you a good price.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Mate, I'm breaking a 2001 Sportwagon at the moment, if you need a window reg / motor let me know and I'll do you a good price.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Every cloud eye darren :D ...

in and my old 156 on of the rear windows gradually stopped working ... it just got slower and slower, until it got to a point where you had to "help" it ... luckily I had air con and very rarely opened the rear windows ... :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts