Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
What's up with you?

Well, I was the one that needed entertainment earlier as without a car all day on my birthday AND had to wait in the garage a while (I did have my BB/fashion magazine with me....so not bored too much).

K

·
0 Posts

highly suspect :tut:

in the public sector you would now be looking forward to an excruciating "back to work" interview tomorrow :vomit:
I used to have a manager who actually booked a meeting room for such things. It usually went:

"So you've been ill?"
"Yes"
"What was the problem?"
"The shits"
"I can't put the shits."
"Well put squits then"
"I can't. I'll have to put diarrhea."
"OK"
"Erm, how do you spell diarrhea?"
"Don't know."
"Shall I put gastric stomach upset?"
"Put what you like, you're the boss."
"Are you better now?"
"Not really, no."

Manager moves chair further away

"Are you OK to work?"
"Not really, no. I'm shitting like a new born baby but if I have any more sick leave over and above my permitted 2 days for the year, I'll probably get sacked or something."
"Oh"

Silence

"Can we go back to work now?"
"OK. Try not to **** on your chair."

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I felt like crap today. Cold, sore throat, generally grim but being a good public servant I soldiered on & went in to share my misery with my colleagues:D

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
It always baffled me, I'd take 2 days off work with flu and my boss would grumble and moan. When I dragged my dying carcas into work and gave 5 colleagues the flu as well he was happy as Larry :confused: On the one hand he could lose 2 working days with me being off, on the other he would lose 12 - 15 working days with me spreading it around ! Makes no sense.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
That's more bashed than he is.
True it is a bit ratty looking :D

Vit C tablet and 2 x Paracetamol at 6 hourly intervals.... you still get the time off but it's not so miserable :D

Disclaimer : I'm not a doctor, I know nothing of medicine. You take my advice at your own risk.
Man up you woos :p

K

·
0 Posts
It always baffled me, I'd take 2 days off work with flu and my boss would grumble and moan. When I dragged my dying carcas into work and gave 5 colleagues the flu as well he was happy as Larry :confused: On the one hand he could lose 2 working days with me being off, on the other he would lose 12 - 15 working days with me spreading it around ! Makes no sense.
I'm equally baffled by those people who come in when they clearly aren't fit, infect everyone else, and do **** all all day apart from moaning about how ill they are and general put everyone else off their work. Then they have the cheek to drone on and on about how they haven't been off sick since 1983 when they accidentally severed their head during some slightly over-enthusiastic marshalling of a fire drill.

(Not an accusation against Al by the way, I think sick pay will be a new experience for him.)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Am I the only one enjoying the irony of this, given Al's workplace?
:cheese:Very well noted!

Back to work interviews are pretty common everywhere now aren't they? I think they are meant to be awkwardly uncomfortable too so the "patient" knows the employer is taking an interest. Throwing sickies used to be rife on our shop floor - they treated them as extra holidays - all but a handful of guys would take the full entitlement to the day, every year.

PS - Al, get well soon you tart. It's just a sniffle and some aches!

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
1 - 20 of 83 Posts