Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the GTV to Avanti Ipswich today - I had been having trouble with the climate control - no heating or aircon at all.

Last week the car also began to feel sluggish above 3.5k revs. The end result was a failed terminal block (£0.25) so no power to the controls (heating) which sounds simple but needless to say the wiring diagram was only approximate in identifying where the damned connector was. The air flow meter was faulty so that was replaced.

Once again the service from Avanti was spot on and the price very reasonable.

What was interesting was driving for a week with the faulty AFM - above 3.5k revs it was just like driving a 2.0 Mondeo - OK but a bit pedestrian. It makes you realise that, when on song, the TS engine is a remarkable piece of kit - a joy to see the effortless way in which the rev counter justs keeps on smoothly and effortlessly winding all the way up to 7k in third gear.

Paul.

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
harleyriv said:
Is that you Paul wrestling with the bonnet of the Commer van?..
Yes - in either 1967 or 68 in Norbury, South London - I bought it with two friends for £2 10/- it had a dodgy gearbox which turned out to be a loose nut on the selector shaft.

Paul.

W

·
0 Posts
PaulR said:
The end result was a failed terminal block (£0.25) so no power to the controls (heating) which sounds simple but needless to say the wiring diagram was only approximate in identifying where the damned connector was.
...tell me more :D

Our Spider is playing silly buggers too!

wrinx

·
Administrator
23,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wrinx said:
...tell me more :D

Our Spider is playing silly buggers too!

wrinx
Hi Wrinx - I lost all heating/aircon functions and the diagnostics could not talk to the control board. A spare board didn't work either so by process of elimination it was a power supply problem. Paul at Avanti eventually traced it back to a burnt out terminal block - quite small. The problem was that the wiring diagram did not say where it was and eventually he had to remove the glovebox.

If this sounds like your problem feel free to PM me and I will have a chat with Paul and find out exactly where it was.

Paul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts