Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually get my car washed by a local garage. Need to cut down on budget soon. I've never washed it myself. I can borrow a pressure washer with foam spray. Paint got scruffs so need them filling.
So after the wash I was told to dry it then use autobrite glaze (filler the paint) as I'm doing it by hand.
I know I should be looking after the car more. Guess this is a start now, just a newbie. Any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Glaze is not really for protection it's for adding shine after polishing and before wax or sealant. Your best bet is good quality polish followed buy good quality sealant. Ideally the process should be;
1. Wash
2. Dry
3. Use clay to remove tar and adhered contaminants
4. Polish I've super resin polish
5. Sealant I've mazerna powerlock

To get out deep scratches and swirls you really need a machine polisher (I just started this- amazing results). Go to cleanyourcar.co.uk or give them a call. They're very helpful and won't sell you anything you don't need.

·
Administrator
87,334 Posts
De-tar before claying, it'll make claying faster & easier, more importantly it'll reduce to chances of damaging the paint (you don't want to be dragging bits of tar which can contain grit all over the car), it'll also reduce the amount of continination the clay bar will pick up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts