Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a long day that was.
Seeing as its fathers day, I used it as an excuse to spend my well deserved time off to sort the car out with a good clean.
After a wash, I used a compound, a polis, then a glaze and finally a wax. Only step missing was a seal after.
I used all meguiars products start to finish. And I have to say, I am very impressed with maguiars products. As a newbie to this scene, I found it very easy to apply and remove. And the results are fantastic. I thought it was clean before but I was oh so wrong.
Its safe to say I am extremely pleased with my efforts.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Unfortunately the sun hasn't shone since finishing so I can't get a proper photo. As soon as it does I will post another picture. I must admit I have always avoided green cars but this one I had to have

·
Registered
433 Posts
Now't wrong with green, it looks stunning!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
lovely colour and the leather seats suit it a treat. cracking job.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Thanks. Unfortunately the sun hasn't shone since finishing so I can't get a proper photo. As soon as it does I will post another picture. I must admit I have always avoided green cars but this one I had to have
Yeah I agree, I never went near green cars ( unlucky - old wives tale I think ) until getting the MX5 and its lovely to clean and comes up a treat with some wax.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Car looks great and I like the colour.

If you have applied a wax than I would not bother with applying a sealant. Most sealants will not happily bond to a wax

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Looks great. :thumbs:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, its appreciated. It was a long 5 hours. But well worth it. Still waiting for the sunshine, maybe tomorrow

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, i have cleaned the car this morning already before the sun gets too warm. Looks good again. I noticed that a few swirls have been introduce again so what am i doing wrong?
I use the 2 bucket method, which my wife finds hilarious, Wash with a noodle mitt, dry with microfibre towels.
I am at a loss.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
you can never eliminate swirls, just lessen them. that's what ive found anyway. mine's 12 years old now, so i just wash with one bucket cuz i'm lazy. and maybe because i have to do 2 astras and 2 clios too, everyweek.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
You'll only get rid of swirls by investing in a DA Polished. You literally can't rub hard enough with your arms/ hands, you need electrical help

·
Registered
988 Posts
The swirls could have arisen from any number of things. Assuming the swirls were not present before the washing they could be been from the washing itself or from the drying. Did you wash the towels before using them?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies. I must admit i didn't wash the microfibres after last use. They are in the wash now. May be some light grit or dish in them

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Some of the products you used probably had fillers in and you may have washed some of them off
This, maybe look into a wash product that is formulated to work with your polishes and sealants.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't used any products to wash this weekend. Just plain water in one bucket to wash and plain water in the other to rinse. Then microfibre pads to dry and a soft MF to buff. I have washed all my microfibres today so hopefully that will sort the problem.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Problem solved. I have just done a second application of maguiars carnuba wax. Swirls are now gone.
I am a happy chappy again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts