1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
"FIRE" for an engine name. So what. What's this guy's problem FFS.

Indeed, Fiat have had 'FIRE' engines for years, no one else has ever had a problem with the name.

The numpty reporter also has the Delta selling in the UK... :rolleyes:

I could see the Delta selling in the US though.

·
Registered
38,880 Posts
I can't see a problem with them calling it FIRE. Although most americans won't know what it stands for.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
dear god thats FUGLY, must be a modern lancia:lol:

love the comment about the interior obviously not being made for america, what you mean its not made out recycled chocolate box interiors:lol:

and do we really care what a website who cant spell the word tyre has to say about cars:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I read the thread title expecting to see something Alfa-esque from the Detroit show and actually it's the Lancia which I'd seen earlier in the day via various websites rebranded as a Chrysler. I actually think the cars style works well as a Chrysler, and I quite like some of the lancia styling. I just wish they'd have released the Fulvia they did as a concept a few years back

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
dear god thats FUGLY, must be a modern lancia:lol:

love the comment about the interior obviously not being made for america, what you mean its not made out recycled chocolate box interiors:lol:

and do we really care what a website who cant spell the word tyre has to say about cars:rolleyes:
not the style, mostly likely is most wont fit:lol: and that FIRE remark has really peeved me off, ignorant ar$e:rant:

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,695 Posts
but there are no plans to actually offer this car, according to the report. It's an example of what could be achieved in a joint collaboration between Fiat and Chrysler (and my goodness, it's an extreme example - slapping a Chrysler badge on a Lancia). Given how little effort that required - and it was a lame effort that only serves to mock the credibility of the Fiat/Chrysler partnership - I reckon they would have been better off not even bothering to make the point.

And if the Yanks had a problem with the car having a FIRE engine, imagine how they'd flip if the car was renamed a Dedra :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
At least they didn't stick an Alfa badge on an Avenger! That would be the end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts