·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Rear wiper blade holder, snapped and repaired - €50
- Car guzzling engine coolant and loads of steam from exhaust- €? :(
- Drivers side wishbone- €75/170 depending on whether its top/bottom :(
- Drivers side reg plate lamp loose- €? :(
- Drivers side reverse light fail- very awkward to repair as have to take the whole lamp out to replace bulb :(

All pretty minor but still a substantial hit to my wallet after all is sorted. Main problem is engine coolant guzzling..

Car drives nicely though :cool:

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
- Rear wiper blade holder, snapped and repaired - €50
- Car guzzling engine coolant and loads of steam from exhaust- €? :(
- Drivers side wishbone- €75/170 depending on whether its top/bottom :(
- Drivers side reg plate lamp loose- €? :(
- Drivers side reverse light fail- very awkward to repair as have to take the whole lamp out to replace bulb :(

All pretty minor but still a substantial hit to my wallet after all is sorted. Main problem is engine coolant guzzling..

Car drives nicely though :cool:
Thank goodness for something positive eh??;)

Alfa= money +++++:( But we love em anyways :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't call the engine guzzling coolant minor and I wouldn't fix anything else til I found out what it is. At this time of year you get loads of steam out the exhaust anyway so I wouldn't directly link that. You get it from a dealer or private?

·
Registered
33 Posts
ah it could be worse mate i had 2 CATS and a coil go!!!!

and to top it off i lost my washer bottle top!!! anyone got a spare?? and why do they put the washer bottle in the most difficult place?

A

·
0 Posts
and to top it off i lost my washer bottle top!!! anyone got a spare?? and why do they put the washer bottle in the most difficult place?
New one can be had from a dealer for not a lot. Give Mangoletsi parts department a call. And then use a plastic funnel to fill the washer bottle, easy.

As for the OP's cooling problem, check for leaks first of all. Check the hoses for splits, check jubilees are tight, check the rad for signs of corrosion or obvious leakage along the bottom.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it private, guy was a decent type though, it was his girlfriends car. Collected from his house.
Just filled up the coolant again this evening. I want to see what level it's at in the morning, hopefully it's only a hose problem and is cheap to repair, as im literally running out of money and have to replace a wishbone aswell!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Your 147 will lose (leak) coolant - not guzzle coolant. You should investigate and rectify this defect before any really expensive damage is done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts