Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these things just keep happening to me recently, I'll try keep this one short

Driving home, last car in a queue doing 50-60mph, minor road,
looked in my mirror notice a fire engine approaching with lights and sirens on, but we're on a bend & just ahead is a half mile straight, so my intention is to drive round the bend and then let them pass,

Then the codger ahead of me in a Ki-undai-woo?, notices the fire engine and just stops, on the :***: bend, I have to stop, fire engine has to slow right down, they pull out to pass us, then a car comes the other way, it has to stand on the brakes, fire engine has to stand on the brakes, but just gets back in in front of codger (who has now started creeping forward),
The fire engine spent the rest of the half mile straight catching up to the cars that were just ahead of us.

I'm no Mr perfect, but some people have no road sense at all

N

·
0 Posts
They just don't bother getting out of
the way at all down here. Cupid Stunts. :tut: :rolleyes:

(And when they do managed to scrap by, all
the cars try and "ambulance chase" through
the gap. [email protected])

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
Yep, you get plenty of people who fial to notice the emergency vehicle till it's directly behind them, then they panic and slam on the anchors, regardless of where they are.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yup people seem to just go into a blind panic when they see blue flashing approaching :rolleyes:

I saw a similar piece of completely idiotic driving a few months ago but involving an Ambulance :mad: (Posted here somewhere !!)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
And some prison time too into the bargain !! :D

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I was in the outside lane of the M4 recently overtaking a line of cars, saw a police car coming up quickly behind me. With no decent gap to pull into, I accelerated, stuck my left indicator on as I came close to a gap to pull into, and got out of his way. The copper in the left seat gave me a thumbs up as they went past :)

E

·
0 Posts
I got a toot of thanks from a fire engine, when in my beast of a first car (Panda 1000CL) I booted it round a corner and pulled into a layby for them.

:D

E

·
0 Posts
Yep, you get plenty of people who fial to notice the emergency vehicle till it's directly behind them, then they panic and slam on the anchors, regardless of where they are.
I panic when I see a blue light. Mind you, I'm a serial killer on the run from a maximum-security gaol.

When I see its just a fire engine, though, if it isn't safe to stop right away, I try to drive slowly, normally and predictably - they're very good at getting round you then.

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I was overtaken by an ambulance a few weeks back, and as he went to overtake the car in fron the driver slammed on the brakes and steered her car into the kerb hard!! I coulnd't believe it, not only did she hold up the ambulance she most probably damaged her car.

Some people have no idea..

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
what anoys me are the cockheads(my new favourite word) who use you pulling over for an ambulance as an oportunity for them to overtake you:rolleyes: i pulled over for one the other day and the idiot behind me who also pulled over then tried to pass me just as i was pulling back out, cockhead.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
what anoys me are the cockheads(my new favourite word) who use you pulling over for an ambulance as an oportunity for them to overtake you:rolleyes: i pulled over for one the other day and the idiot behind me who also pulled over then tried to pass me just as i was pulling back out, cockhead.
Yep, and they glower at honk at you if you dare try to pull away from the kerb at the same time as them to maintain position :rolleyes: (the joys of commuting in a car you don't mind getting dented!!)

My new favourite word is similar, I call it "**** knockers", has a certain resonance :)

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I don't think it's fair to refer to these people using the word "****"

After all a **** has some use. Even if it only for breeding chickens..:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts