Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, long time no type.

i've spent the last few days looking for an old favorite car, namly the alfa romeo 33 permanent 4.

it was the top of the line clover leaf 16v version of the car and was only built in the last phase of production (1989-1994 series 3), both left and right hand drive, quad over head cam 1.7 16v flat 4, quad throttle bodies, fuel injection and best of all it was full time four wheel drive.
i've had 3 over the years but that was some time ago and i've not even seen one since i last drove mine back in 2003/4 ish.

i have been looking in the following places:
ebay (all round europe)
autoscout24 (french car search site)
here
autotrader
google

i have found a few 33's but no perm' 4's.
my last one cost me about 500quid i think and was in ok condition but died when some numpty drove into the back of it. it seems they are basicly extinct :cry: prob due to the fact that they do rust quite a bit, or people drive into them.

anyone got any idea on where else to look?
i don't mind if it's left or right hand drive so long as it's a runner. i'm not bothered about a showroom finish either... i just want one of these cars again. sooooo much fun in such a simple car.

i had red one that i found via the club meetings in sussex. i gave up with it after the 4wd system died and i broke some valve lifters. last time i saw it, the guy had rebuilt it back to working order and it still had the daft exhaust i had added :rolleyes:
i can't remember his name but i do remember him saying he'd let it got for 1500quid.. are you still about? and would you like to sell up?

please help me find one of these lovely cars

Luke

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
You should pop your request up in the 33 sud &sprint section. I sure some of the guys in there will be able to help narrow your search.

Hope you find one.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
My old Perminator is SORN'd and living in my garage underneath a red cover. :)

It needs a new windscreen (stone chip) and I nudged a VW Passat :eek: so the front bumper and the indicator are a bit deranged.. so the cosmetics aren't spotless but the body is well sound!

I'm aiming to sort it later this year... maybe to sell in 2010 (needs the space to restore a Fiat 128-3P).

The P4's were pretty rare and have become essentially worthless in terms of "pre-accident condition" so even the slightest little accident these days will write them off. I remember reading somewhere that only 760 RHD's were imported, between 1991 and 1993 so the fella is defo' in "rocking horse poo" category.

If you wants one, visit the AROC events.. sooner or later you'll see one... then hassle the owner! :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Might be an obvious one, but have you tried Autoscout24 in countries other than france? If not basically the same site with .de .it .nl etc on the end. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My old Perminator is SORN'd and living in my garage underneath a red cover. :)

It needs a new windscreen (stone chip) and I nudged a VW Passat :eek: so the front bumper and the indicator are a bit deranged.. so the cosmetics aren't spotless but the body is well sound!

I'm aiming to sort it later this year... maybe to sell in 2010 (needs the space to restore a Fiat 128-3P).

The P4's were pretty rare and have become essentially worthless in terms of "pre-accident condition" so even the slightest little accident these days will write them off. I remember reading somewhere that only 760 RHD's were imported, between 1991 and 1993 so the fella is defo' in "rocking horse poo" category.

If you wants one, visit the AROC events.. sooner or later you'll see one... then hassle the owner! :D

Ralf S.
well keep me in mind next year then :thumbs:

i'll be back in the UK in sep/oct this year for 2 or 3 months so i'll see if i can pester some owners then. mean time i'll just keep up the search on the net.
i remember back in the day there was a nutter from holland that had stuck a turbo on his perm4.. what a monster that thing was. last i heard he wanted to sell that. sadly that was about 6 years ago.

i found a supplier in the midlands for windscreens. i've never ownerd a car that i haven't had to change the windscreen, it's my curse. found them via yell.com

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah ha.. there seems to be 2 on alfa pages.. a little out of date on the adverts but no one posting that they wanted them. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I know a man in Scotland who has one in good condition that he'd sell, as he has lots of other projects.....

Comes with a spare gearbox, too......

Let me know if you want his contact details.....don't think he comes on here, I know he's sometimes on the AROC forum - but I have his phone number.......:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts