Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beloved GT has spent just over 1 week at the dealer getting some warranty work done.

The dealer gave me a courtesy car, not your usual run of the mill loaner.
I have been running around in a SAAB 9-3 Convertible 1.8 Turbo, a very nice car and i was also able to take advantage of the fantastic weather last week.

The SAAB was very nice to drive and many heads were turned and compliments received.

Jumping back into my GT this week made me realise what i had been missing, the One thing that i really missed was the Growl from the 2 litre JTS as i booted it up to the red line in every gear, my god this car just loves the nuts getting revved from it. What a change from an electric type whirring noise as i accelerated the SAAB.

I have one more year left with my GT before i have to change, and i am going to make sure i enjoy every gear change from now until then.

If nothing else that exhaust note is what will make me stay with Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I agree, since the early 50's / 60's twin cam launch it is one of the Alfa pleasures that the (petrol, non turbo?) engines seem to be quite happy and eager to run to the redline, they don't feel or sound particularly stressed when doing so. They just sound nice and go well. Completely different to many other engines in this respect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts