Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 years of joy with my Alfa 166 coming to an end,my old beauty stallion is on its final days .
as well as needing a new cambelt and water pump it seems its suffering from a blown head gasket .

little bits and bobs here and there too,thats why i decided to say good bye to her.
meanwhile bought myself a mondeo and now have to decide how to get rid off the old lady

Attachments

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
What else need's doing to it? Christ a Waterpump and cambelt on a TS is Childsplay to change.

Unless something else is majorly wrong a head gasket is a pretty easy fix too.

I know someone that would snap that up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What else need's doing to it? Christ a Waterpump and cambelt on a TS is Childsplay to change.

Unless something else is majorly wrong a head gasket is a pretty easy fix too.

I know someone that would snap that up.
Nothing major, the poor lady still is fast and furious , just as I said little things here and there otherwise in good condition,full exhaust and new radiator done recently

·
Registered
537 Posts
To get behind the wheel of a mundane must be a tad depressing after the 166. If it's just the head gasket and cambelt surely she will live again? If you do decide to scrap her I'd be interested in the wheels (he said without trying to sound too mercenary)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To get behind the wheel of a mundane must be a tad depressing after the 166. If it's just the head gasket and cambelt surely she will live again? If you do decide to scrap her I'd be interested in the wheels (he said without trying to sound too mercenary)
Yes it is very depressing to drive a Mondeo and I have already missed driving the Alfa, There was a time when a very good Alfa mechanic (mike Roberts) had a garage here in Hull but since he sadly closed his garage I can not find any Alfa reliable mechanic .If any one knows a good alfa mechanic I might try to fix it

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the same gorgeous wheels but silver does not let them shine as nice as your black beauty :thumbup:

Keep her on the road! She deserves it :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yes it is very depressing to drive a Mondeo and I have already missed driving the Alfa, There was a time when a very good Alfa mechanic (mike Roberts) had a garage here in Hull but since he sadly closed his garage I can not find any Alfa reliable mechanic .If any one knows a good alfa mechanic I might try to fix it
You could have done worse than the Mondeo. We have a IV at home and it makes a nice change from time to time. Sort of relaxing care free driving in a way. The standard shocks will be replaced shortly with some Bilsteins which the Mondeo seriously needs but sure, whenever I get back in either of the Alfa's after the Mondi, I grin like a Cheshire cat... :yes:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
But a cambelt and head gasket could really be done by any mechanic worth his salt. Heck if I can do it id hope all mechanics coulde do such basic engine work.

Would you look at breaking the car or selling as a full car?

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
But a cambelt and head gasket could really be done by any mechanic worth his salt. Heck if I can do it id hope all mechanics coulde do such basic engine work.

Would you look at breaking the car or selling as a full car?
Go on, buy it and save it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Half tempted given ive got dome more drive space back...

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Ewe leavin achicken madrasgain Arian.....You've left more times than I've hud Chicken Madrases .just to tempt you to stay Eurocarprats huv Steel seal Oan offer.Supposewd to be miles better than K-Seal.

Having said that 3 year belt change I can see where you're coming from. I couldn't live wie that either.

Pomeo.

But ...Please stay.

BUT if knott Arrevedachi. not Guid Buy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ewe leavin achicken madrasgain Arian.....You've left more times than I've hud Chicken Madrases .just to tempt you to stay Eurocarprats huv Steel seal Oan offer.Supposewd to be miles better than K-Seal.

Having said that 3 year belt change I can see where you're coming from. I couldn't live wie that either.

Pomeo.

But ...Please stay.

BUT if knott Arrevedachi. not Guid Buy.
Ha ha ,Yes you are absolutely right about chicken Madras :biglaugh: But truth is every time I decide to get rid off it...I CANT

I love my Alfa too much and it is so hard to depart from it , only if someone from here could come and fix my car for a super bargin price:smash::beer:

Steel seal !!! Not good reviews on that and I doubt if it works ,Car looses a lot of coolant through exhaust

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Shame hull is a bit far from Birmingham. Couple of weekends work that car would be back up and running.

Cambelt. Waterpump. Head gasket. New bolts. Head skim. Few bolts here and there £200 in parts and the engines good for another three years.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well sadly sold it today for £80 ,the guy said he is going to fix it and soon will be on road again.

For me good bye to all of you and Pomeo this time its for real :biglaugh: No more chickem madras:byebye:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Ha amazing. Hopefully it'll end up back on tjeroad . Another one saved for a little while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts