Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it's been over 6 months of near-endless hassles and disappointments, but finally, i have a gorgeous set of 19s on my GT! :cool:

the saga began when i had difficulty finding any wheels that would fit. not only is the 5x98mm PCD (bolt pattern) unusual, but clearance of the Brembo brake calipers on the V6 proved virtually too much for nearly all brands of wheel! this was compounded by not wanting to use spacers because of insurance stipulation.

the first set i wanted wouldn't fit. then i waited another 4 weeks on some special-order WORK wheels, only to be told i would probably need spacers! onto the next choice, i waited 5 months (!) only to have 2 sets sent over from Japan that did not fit :mad: :mad: :mad: . i couldn't believe the incompetency of the distributor!

finally, my (very helpful) local retailer sourced from Italy this stunning set of ATP Tecnoforming Nido D'Ape 19x8.5" wheels. the photos don't do them justice; the build quality is superb, and they weigh in sub-11kg each (which is light!).

fitted with Toyo Proxes4 225/35 tyres, i have so far been very impressed to find the ride quality is in fact as good - if not better - than the 17" Bridgestone RE050 factory tyres, which must have very stiff sidewalls.

ok, here's the pics...

:)

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
a long wait but worth it :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Very :cool:

Do they come with a free gumshield to stop your teeth being shaken out of your head :D

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the favourable comments. :)

Where do you live dude? looks like Sydenham or Taylors Lakes.
torquay, victoria. are you in vic?

:)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Nice wheels! they suit your car really well :)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Shiny_car - hate those pics for three reasons:

1. The Wheel looks awesome
2. I keep seeing pics of your car and every time it reminds me I need to change my springs for a better look (JTD too high)
3. I nearly ordered my GT in black, my last 156 was black and fancied a change, and every time I see yours shining away it makes me run that configurator on the Alfa website just to remind me how expensive it would be to change ;)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Sorry mate, I don't like them at all. :(

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can only underline most of the previous comments, it just looks :cool: on your bella. :inlove:

11kg for 19" wheel is indeed very good.

cheers

selcuk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts