Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Finally, my 147 has arrived!!!!

956 views 6 replies 0 participants last post by  147dude 
G
#1 ·
Hi guys!

Finally got my 147 yesterday. It's reeeeal nice! A bit low at the front, so I have to be careful on speed bumps and stuff, but with the Eibach springs it's perfect on the winding roads over here. Grrrrrreat!

My only grief so far is the Selespeed System Failure Warning that comes on almost every time I start it, at least once, then I have to switch it off and back on, and it works. A bit annoying, but nothing major. But I was wondering, this realignment of the brake switch (which is what needs to be done I guess?), is this issue covered in any service news or anything from Alfa that I can refer to when I want to get my dealer to look at it? There haven't been sold many 147 Selespeeds here (tiny market), so I'm a bit worried that they might not know what to do! Numan, Stef, anyone, any tips on this?

Still:

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Hi there
I was at my local dealers to sort out the ABS/VDC failure. The mechanic told me there are numerous systems which go through the brake switch circuit and it can cause problems.
Ha also told me they had updated the switch to a 4 wire version (whatever that means) and that he would order one for my car which would fix my problems.
I now have to wait until the 19th to get the car back to the dealers and have the new switch fitted.
BTW I have found that my problems occur whenever I use very gentle braking or I am holding the car on the brakes at junctions etc. If I drive it hard as I did on the way to and from the dealers yesterday (oh, what a joy) I had no problems.

Ken

G
#5 ·
147dude,

I am so happy that you finally got your baby. Treat it with care and respect. It is now a part of the family!

The reason why I am so happy is that truly, if there was anyone out there that would match my excitement when I picked up my car, it would have to be you.

Anyhow, the ABS/VDC issue. I have seen the Alfa bulletin with my own eyes, so I know one exists. I can call my Service Manager on Tuesday, and the get the notice number for you. I am sure that your dealership will have access to this electronically.

In the emantime, if you think your serive manager may need to speak to someone, with experience in resetting the swtich, let me know via e-mail (ss200@msn.com), and I will send you the name and contact phone number of my Service Manager.

Good Luck

Stef

G
#7 ·
Nareman: I see. cool! no, there aren't many alfa's here in norway... just audi's, blargh!

Stef: Greast stuff, if you have something I can refer to, seeing as it's a very special car ehre in Norway, I'm worried that they might not find out how to fix it otherwise, and I don't want them to keep my new baby for a minute longer than necessary if you know what I mean! There is a picture of it now on my website, more to come when I have the time...

/ulf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.