Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of trying and money I have finally got my iPhones music playing through my connect nav + and it's all good and works perfectly:)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go on eBay type in Alfa Romeo iPod and find a device called xcarlink, it just plugs straight into the blue cd Changer slot at the back of the unit, then you can plug your phone in and it charges it and u then play your play lists from the iPhone using the play button on the stereo key pad the up and down arrows on the stereo key pad to slect playlists then you can scroll through the songs and do the volume from the steering wheel. I think you can even buy a blue tooth adaptor so you can use your phone through the speakers but have not asked about that yet.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Glad you got it working!

Theres also the Dension option.

Xcarlink is also under the Bluebird and Connects2 brands.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Andy,
I have the GT, just bought the Xcarlink ipod kit, looks simple. Now, once you had the head unit out, how did you manage to connect the Xcarlink plug in to the blue CD socket with out having the fingers of a very small child?? Did you remove cup holder/card holder and side carpeted panels?

Sorry for the questions!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Really? How did you route the cable from the back of the Alfa head unit, out to the car cabin? I pulled the stereo out this lunchtime and there was no extra length in the cabling, so I could barely see the plugs on the back of the radio. The head unit came out literally enough for it to 'clear' the slot it came from. No room for manoeuvre!!!!

EDIT: Just seen the reply to me was from Typos, not Andy the OP..sorry for confusion.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Sounds like the stereo wiring is jammed on something because it should come out further, try putting your hand behind and pulling, but not too hard.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
success! stereo out, blue plug on xacarlink now connected, but cd is still playing and cant see the iphone !! took CD out, selected CD from the SRC on steering wheel but no joy. I know the ipod is getting power from the xcarlink, but just not able to select! grrrrrrr

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
The Xcarlink is a CD Changer emulator-the headunit sees it as a CD changer, so you have to use the SRC button to get into CDC mode, if it doesnt appear in the menu then the headunit is not recognising it. Make sure its plugged in properly.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
All working.. luvverly. Little odd thing, such as when i re-connect the stereo sometimes comes on as Mute..
Had to turn on & off a couple of times for SRC to kick in. If I had to do the job again I now know it can be done in 30-60 mins. Cabled back out under the steering wheel and velcro'd on to the drivers side carpet wall (side of radio/heater console). Only had 45mins lunchbreak, so will tidy at weekend, i.e. putting cupholder/card holder back in snugly so it fits back in its rear socket.
Also nice to know that I can play my Radio Player App through the stereo too.

Thanks to all for the help. this forum really works and will be happy to advise anybody who asks.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All working.. luvverly. Little odd thing, such as when i re-connect the stereo sometimes comes on as Mute..
Had to turn on & off a couple of times for SRC to kick in. If I had to do the job again I now know it can be done in 30-60 mins. Cabled back out under the steering wheel and velcro'd on to the drivers side carpet wall (side of radio/heater console). Only had 45mins lunchbreak, so will tidy at weekend, i.e. putting cupholder/card holder back in snugly so it fits back in its rear socket.
Also nice to know that I can play my Radio Player App through the stereo too.

Thanks to all for the help. this forum really works and will be happy to advise anybody who asks.
Sometimes mine don't work straight away just shut down the unit and restart. It's fine now though, very good bit of kit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts