Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cost a bit though, £250 used. its about to undergo sand blasting and priming (£48), then im going to stick 3 layers of hammerite paint on the bugger.
should everything go to plan ill be doing the same with my original sub frame then selling it, if anyone is interested? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats good you got a frame. Did you find it hard to find one? You paid a bit more than me. I did have a bit of a choice when I got mine and the prices were around the £150 mark. Howerever I did go down the poweder coat route with the idea of coating the exposed parts once I fitted the sub frame. Subframe is in but have not looked at it since. It would be nice to see some photoes of yours once you get it out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bit of an update. i got the frame back today after it had been sand blasted and primed, now to paint it. im probably going to put it on my car next weekend :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
would be interested to know exactly how difficult these are to change and get on / off the car as it is something I want to go to mine over the summer!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive just completed replacing the subframe, here are some photos. i used an engine crane to support the radiator (white string), engine (purple band) and steering rack (white string). its not a hard job, just time consuming. its also not something id like to do on the driveway.
i used a few of the E sockets, so id advise getting a set if your going to attempt this, up to E24.
theres a picture of my old subframe, its actually in better condition than most. id now like to sell it, if anyone is interested, either as it is, or i can get in sandblasted and primed if youd prefer (at extra cost). :)

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice job. Yours was not to bad. Thing now is you do not have to worry about it. That should be good for a few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts