Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a silver GTV today, yaaah!, posh red interior. Very heart wrenching decision for me to let my trusty 156 2.5 go. :cry:

The GTV looks , goes great, stops eventually, but the one thing it's no where near as good at as the 2.5 is ride & handling :eek:, early days though. :cool: Be good, Gaz.

·
Vendor
45,796 Posts
Congrats mate :thumbs:

I'm with you on the ride quality but once you get used to it I'll think you'll find the GTV handles better, I've had a few 156 V6s and I reckon my GTV is better than any of them before you start adding Q2s and Konis etc.

V

·
0 Posts
Nice one Gaz. Although I though the handling on the gtv much better than my old 2.5.

Maybe Ann could tell us what a GTV with a 2.5 in handles like :p :cheese:

;)

Oh and TTIWWP!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry folks but i've just took it back and got my 2.5 & my money back !!! :D
Noticed tick over lumpy when hot, coolant low in header tank. Started it up at work dinner time today at work, alarmed at amount of moisture in exhaust gases plus coolant had dropped 30mm.
Went straight down to see Neil at N.J.S who confirmed my suspicions, head gasket on the way out, 2k to fix :vomit:
Quick 'chat' & two hours later in Treacle Town to collect dosh and the ever trusty 2.5 back, phew, that was close.
Drove a few GTV's lately & i'll stand by what i've already said, ride & handling wise non of them came close to my 2.5 & absolutely no where near my GTA !. Willing to be proven wrong ;) Gaz.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I feel really guilty as I recommended this car to you and the owner is a good friend of mine. How come you didn't pick up on this on your multiple viewings and test drives and before he changed the bonnet and paid money for the smart repair.I think you should look at a few Ford Fiestas mate where you'll feel safer (before you upset the whole Alfa community by wasting their time as well).
Harsh but true

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel really guilty as I recommended this car to you and the owner is a good friend of mine. How come you didn't pick up on this on your multiple viewings and test drives and before he changed the bonnet and paid money for the smart repair.I think you should look at a few Ford Fiestas mate where you'll feel safer (before you upset the whole Alfa community by wasting their time as well).
Harsh but true
What's it got to do with you for a start?, i've known said person a long time and we've always got on well.
The issue with the vehicle in question is not that obvious till it's up to full running temperature, that's why i traveled 40 miles straight from work to N.J.S. Pershore to get Neils opinion on the 'problem',he confirmed what i already knew but i needed to be 100% certain, speak to him yourself if your that interested!.
Ford fiestas safer, are they?, you've got a lot to learn mate. If you'd like to discuss this any further i suggest we do it in person
Stop poking your nose in other peoples matters and get a life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts