Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My favourite toy is going up for sale. I've hesitated, pontificated, reconsidered and generally messed around making the decision and even changed my mind a couple of times but I've done about 20 miles in in the last month with no real sign of me doing any more miles in the forthcoming months and due to our circumstances changing we need a bigger car. Rather than let it sit on the drive gathering dust I really do have to let it go.

So, I'll do a proper ad later this evening but in the meantime........

We've had the car nearly two years, it's only done 88k miles, been 100% reliable and is in good condition for it's age. There are the usual car park dings you'd expect on a car of this age.

Proteus red 3.0 Lusso with tan leather, Teledial alloys and the aero pack (front splitter, rear spoiler and wheel arch trims). Nearly new Toyo Proxes on the rear and Pirelli P9000 with loads of tread on the front.

All electrics work, aircon works but has a slow erratic leak that we haven't managed to find - it will hold it's charge for months or it empties in a week - no logic behind it, no visible leak using dye and no sensible explanation from either me or my local aircon tec :). The engine is great, no knocks, rattles etc and doesn't use any oil or water between services

Of all the cars I've ever owned, this is one of the few that i will really miss I want it to sell to somebody that will get as much fun from it as we have - it needs to be driven.

Loads of paperwork/receipts from previous owners including cam belt about 2 years ago.

10 months MoT, 4 months tax, all keys, manuals and paperwork. I'm located in East Sussex.

Plenty of photos available on request

I'm setting the price realistically at £2200 for a quick sale (less chance to change my mind :)) - If anybody on here is interested - drop me a line, make me an offer. I'm not that interested in a part ex as I'd rather go for a straight sale but a decent cheap estate car may go some way to persuading me :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to miss the decent light for taking photos today so I'll do some tomorrow.

To answer a couple of the pm questions I received ...

No, I'm not willing to break it - I want it to go to a good home.

No, you can't just buy the wheels.

No, I won't take £1000 for it.

:)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
good luck with the sale.

just out of interest what are the wheel arch trims you mention.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huge amount of car for the money. Hope it goes to someone who wants it, rather than the 'break it' monkeys...
They do annoy me a bit - I've had two messages saying 'you could make more than that (my asking price) by breaking it' closely followed by 'how much for the wheels/interior?'

I'm sure somebody must want it :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
i dont see how you can make more that £2200 by breaking the car? i think you could only get about a grand, they must want your wheels/interior bad lol!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine is not to reason why :)

I have no intention of breaking it - I just don't understand some people's logic

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
They are actually quite rare. I have seen a set on ebay once and IIRC they went for good money.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I think the GTV/Spider looks better with out them, that could be why people take them off.
But then again I could be wrong :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had them on my red twinny and i darent remove them as the paint underneath didn't match! Did wonders for the underside of the car though not a spot of rust in sight.

If it wasn't for that i would have kept them for my v6 I think they look great if kept black with plastic shine stuff.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like them as well, I think they sit nicely with the style of the car - although even with black plastic trim cleaner they remain distinctly grey :)

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Ok guys there seems like a small following for the mud flaps :lol: ;)

I've had a look on the GTV and there are just the front ones available but the 1s person interested in them can have them for free!!!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
ME PLEASE!! :thumbs:

I will start a hunt for the rears :lol:

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
That was painless Mitch, congratulations!

You are the proud winner of a "front pair" of mud flaps for the GTV/Spider :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts