Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since buying the 166 i've been paranoid about the timing belt, so off to my local garage (who use to have an Alfa franchise) to get all the work done. Picked her up this morning & i can finally relax knowing its all done, & finally i'm able to enjoy her!

BTW i'm amazed at how economical the 166 is. It reads 33.8mpg, i haven't actually worked the figure out for myself yet (as trip computers tend to be a bit optimistic!) but i put €40 in her on Xmas Eve & i might get to the end of this week without a top up!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
33mpg............so that would be a Twinni..............I get 20 so none of us like you right now...

I bet its a great feeling getting the belts done

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sounds good Toby. Drive safely and have fun.

I was getting 30's every day this year in my 2.5, until November or so...more like 27/28 at best now! New themostat went in yesterday at service, see if that helps.
Got 4 x Konis, Eibachs (cheers FrieddieL), Merc bushes and Powerflex on way. So hope to have some feed-back in 10 days or so when they're all fitted.

·
Registered
428 Posts
had 2 previous 166 both 2.5 sportronic and only got 28 at best on a run with about 27 average, now got another 2.5 manual though and get 31 average 30 !

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..i got 31mpg out of my 3.0 sportronic on an 80 mile run of A roads and motorway.

i also got 8mpg on my 6 mile drive to work.. :lol:

..good luck with that 166 toby..!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah, must point out the 33.8 was achived on a 50km drive with only one set of traffic lights & which was mainly on national roads with 100kp/h speed limits, so hopefully that'll make ya all feel better!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I have seen that much from my 2.5 but more like 29 is the norm on a run, with about 25 mixed.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
According to the computer I get about 22mpg but mainly very short journeys. I worked out the other day though that from the petrol I put in to what miles I achieved it's more like 17mpg! The computer is obviously adaptive and is doing my trick of putting a spin on the real figure (that I pay for maintainance) to what I tell the wife to avoid a heart attack! Clever cars these 166s!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts