Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 159 2.4 Lusso is booked into Blades Cheltenham for a final warranty check up (It expires 25/05/09) One thing I have noticed is the EGR issue on a lot of threads, as a complete non-mechanical type when it is in the garage can they diagnose whether the egr is okay? I do feel that thereis a big of a lag unless you really keep the revs up. What do I need to instruct them to do to check things? Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mine expires on the same day so I had it into Mangoletsi this week to get a couple of jobs done before then. Finally got the base changed to cure the rocking seat problem and a new sensor (something to do with the steering lock). Cost to Alfa, over six hundred pounds. Cost to me £2.82 for a couple of lamps that needed replacing so I'm well pleased!

·
Registered
335 Posts
No it had to be the Alfa waranty because the local dealer I bought the car from lost the dealership and went into administration just weeks after I took delivery. I'm sure Mangos told me that Alfa instructed all main dealers to cover all claims on the extended warranty (third year) where the problem was a stock fault such as the rocking seats.

·
Registered
698 Posts
No it had to be the Alfa waranty because the local dealer I bought the car from lost the dealership and went into administration just weeks after I took delivery. I'm sure Mangos told me that Alfa instructed all main dealers to cover all claims on the extended warranty (third year) where the problem was a stock fault such as the rocking seats.
Confused! Are you saying that for any third year warranty claims you have to go back to the supplying dealer?
Just how does the third year warranty work (who picks up the tab)?:confused:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Mine went into the Dealer I bought the Car new from, a couple of times on my 3rd Year warranty, and it never cost me a penny, so I'm very happy with that. Sadly though, that Dealer has also now gone into liquidation, and I've got a couple of Months left on my Warranty. Don't know what will happen if anything goes wrong now, as my nearest Dealer is about 50 miles away !!!!!!!......

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well sort of the same thing for me. I bought the car from a local dealer but now it’s the best part of a forty mile round trip to get any work done and even worse when you get home and realize that you’ve left the house keys in the service centre.

As far as I know, any main dealer will carry out work in the third year irrespective of where the car was purchased. I think there might be an issue if you’ve bought a car second hand and not botherd transfering the third year waranty documents over.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Your car does not need to go back to the supplying dealer for warranty work in the third year because I've asked Western that very question and my car was supplied by County Motors.
I guess there must be some sort of cross-payment system between dealers or through the franchise system to cover warranty matters.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I bought my Brera at 2 years old and paid to transfer 3rd year warranty into my name. The car was purchased in Hull and supplied by a dealer down that way, I got my 3rd year claims carried out up here at my local Alfa dealer with no issues.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: Car been to Blades Cheltenham this morning. EGR replaced plus new Badge all under warranty because I had paid my £25 and had the warranty passed to me! Great feeling that I have a tip top car and it didn't cost me a penny! Yippee!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts