·
Registered
43,564 Posts
WTF !! :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

That's taking the **** !! :mad: :rant:

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Why is it? Price of convenience in my opinion. No different to using a cash machine not affiliated with a bank and being charged £1.50 for it, you still use it cos it's inconvenient not to.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The problem is there is no other option for the patient,its pay up or nothing..not like at home where you can switch your service provider..

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
The problem is there is no other option for the patient,its pay up or nothing..not like at home where you can switch your service provider..
Wasn't that long ago that there weren't these things at all in hospitals, who do you think pays for it?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And you can't use mobiles.

(Which you can do here in France.)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
And you can't use mobiles.
It was stated that they affect life support equipment etc but that's now been proved to be utter b0ll0cks !! :rolleyes:

GD... you are an angry man (or woman) indeed !! ;)

:D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
what nomad said!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was stated that they affect life support equipment etc but that's now been proved to be utter b0ll0cks !! :rolleyes:

Yes, especially when they rent out hospital roof-
space for GSM basestations. Which, I think you'll
find, are slightly more powerful. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yes indeed !! ;)

Cue Ghosty... "Well where's the fricking problem there... where else are they gonna put 'em.... Grrrrrr... Grrrr :mad: :rant:" :rolleyes:

:p

Just kidding Ghosts !! ;)

:lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, especially when they rent out hospital roof-
space for GSM basestations. Which, I think you'll
find, are slightly more powerful. :rolleyes:
True, but as an ex-telecoms person if you've got to be near a base station, it's best to be right underneath it: the greatest signal intensity from the antennas hits the deck about 150 to 300m away from the base station (depending on configuration). Also, there is still quite a bit of debate about which situation is "best": being near a base station or having a mobile clamped to your head. Then there's the question of TV & radio arrays, which are waaaaaay more powerful than mobile phone sites :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Seems to me you have a choice...take it or leave it. I have heard that the mobile phone 'issue' could be coming to an end soon and you will be able to use them, then it will be goodbye to Patientline.
Talking of rip-offs, I read that the NHS made millions (about £5m) out of parking fees last year !

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At the BBC's big Daventry transmitter, you can stand in the field amongst the array with a fluorescent tube in your hand and if you hold it the right way round, it will glow faintly! :eek:

As Nev said though, it has been disproven that mobiles can affect life-support gear, but of course if you used your mobile, you wouldn't be putting any money into the NHS's meagre coffers (or megabucks into the provider's pockets). It's all complete ********, but there you go, modern Britain...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just think, with a ****-off base station on the roof, they could put it above the X-Ray dept and have a body-sized gap in the shielding. Lay the patient down underneath and voila!...free X-Rays! I wonder if I could patent that...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
As already said, you have a choice whether to use the phones or not... What's more annoying is the price you have to pay for parking in a hospital car park! That you have no choice over, especially if you're visiting or just having a treatment like me with acupuncture.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, you don't really have a choice, a choice would be to have the old phone trolley available, at phone box rates!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
At the BBC's big Daventry transmitter, you can stand in the field amongst the array with a fluorescent tube in your hand and if you hold it the right way round, it will glow faintly!
Holy fcuk... really :confused: :eek: :(
Just think, with a ****-off base station on the roof, they could put it above the X-Ray dept and have a body-sized gap in the shielding. Lay the patient down underneath and voila!...free X-Rays! I wonder if I could patent that...
:lol:

·
Registered
507 Posts
although no strictly allowed you can use the Davantry masts to get a VOR baring to fly from the south of france and return to england now tell me there not strong :wow:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lay the patient down underneath and voila!...free X-Rays! I wonder if I could patent that...
Wait until the new terrorhertz[sic] scanners are
up and running at Heathrow et al.

Free "XRay" with your flight, sir?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts