Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 16.1%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess we've all seen them. The original film was brilliant, and then they make a sequel that seems to loose the plot, often contradicting premises from the original. Then a second sequel is released that makes us wonder if the original film really was that good after all, and sometimes a third or fourth sequel confirms this.

Which of the film trilogies is the worst i.e., the first film was brilliant, and each subsequent film was worse

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Star Wars....The first was pants and they only got worse :p

*Runs and hides!*

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a close one, as I really liked the Matrix, Highlander and the original Star Wars. However, I've voted for Highlander, as Highlander II is the worse sequel ever, completely contradicting much of Highlander :(

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, you're right Nev, Jaws should have been there...although I'd still vote for Highlander

·
Registered
189 Posts
Highlander, i liked the first one, the rest were rubbish!

The Magnificent Seven, great film, sequel's were terrible!

Aliens got a bit crap towrds the end too!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd have to go with the Matrix sequels.

The first film was just so unbelievable good, serious good action and an idea/story line that was simply mind blowing.

The sequels are utter cack tho (imo), I was so looking forward to them and I was so utterly disappointed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd have to go with the Matrix sequels.

The first film was just so unbelievable good, serious good action and an idea/story line that was simply mind blowing.

The sequels are utter cack tho (imo), I was so looking forward to them and I was so utterly disappointed.
Yeah, Matrix went right downhill!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Highlander... no doubt about it !! :(

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Highlander... no doubt about it !! :(
Yes, there can be only one, and that's the number of films they should have made too :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As made clear in my original post, the 'Triologies' could have more than two sequels, hence my use of the inverted commas.

Also, Highlander III and IV ignored Highlander II because it was so abysmal. Apparently the director tried having his name removed because the Studio altered the story to try and make it more commercial :(

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I voted for The Matrix as I was gobsmacked at the first movie. The rest were such an anti-climax.

N

·
0 Posts
I voted for The Matrix as I was gobsmacked at the first movie. The rest were such an anti-climax.
Yup, I never even saw the end of the last one,
as it was on a longhaul flight and sleeping
seemed to be a better option.
(And I hardly ever get any Zzzzs on a plane.)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts