Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Location -

http://www.balbirnie.co.uk/

A great central meeting place for Alfa chat over lunch. :)

Please post interest and any date you know you can or cant make in October. I've put the 26th for now as its the furthest away. :confused:

Copied for those who havent read the other thread -

Ok people, I have an idea for possibly October since we have a meet and a run happening this month.

A friend of mines family own and run the Balbirnie House Hotel in Fife, this is a stunning hotel and one of Fifes top bistros and wedding venues.
Set in a parkland estate and surrounded by woods and a golf course, They have large parking areas, and some good spots for pics i'm sure.

What I'm proposing would be a meet there and lunch in the hotel, they could keep an area for us and do coffees, soup and rolls etc at a good rate for us. (i'm not on a percentage honestly, )

I've had a chat with them about this, and they would be happy to have us. My friends brother in law the manager also has a Maser 4200 Spyder that could join us for pics too I'd imagine.

Let me know what you think folks and we can possibly get a date for this arranged before winter, if we can get a good number of members interested.

Cheers
Philip

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Fife meeting and lunch.

What about the 2 middle weekends before then?
how can you set up a poll in here Frank? :confused:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts

gosh philip ,mrs p would even suffer a drive in either pomeo or lacey to luncheon at that stupendous hotel......I,being from Motherwell, would have to pretend to be dumb and let her speak for me at a place such as that.Me thinks ...(She does that for me anyway)

ps the linky for the menu took me back to the start.
can you give us a clue as to the menu before tam cowan gets there....hes from Motherwell too but a lot younger than me.

Pomeo

wishing he went to this hotel instead of blackpool.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Pomeo, bring the family it'll be a good day. :D

When I get numbers I was just going to arrange the food etc......instead of just picking off the menu as we'll get a better deal.
If we say there will be 10 to 20 of us for soup and rolls, then confirm numbers asap before getting there.
What do folk think...... should I just ask for a group discount off the menu, when we find it, lol. :)

·
Registered
10,915 Posts

philip,is the the place i read about in saturdays record when they got rid of a chef with fraudulent credentials or something like that....as usual i never read it properly.

pomeo

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah it is, but I've not read anything about it in the papers.
He was a great chef but an ar*e the whole short time he was there, so I've been told. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

philip,is the the place i read about in saturdays record when they got rid of a chef with fraudulent credentials or something like that....as usual i never read it properly.

pomeo
Did he get his fingers burnt? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooops :eek:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Getting plenty of maybe but not alot of yes for this......
Can leave till November if thats better for everyone, have a static meet and in for something to eat. :)
Dont need to be arranged soup and rolls either, we can just have coffee and snacks.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As discussed today, this will now be a pre xmas meeting. :)

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Um this looks quite good and it would be nice to meet you all. but is there any mention of how much it will cost?

Cheers Stuart
JUust to assist you stu as you are so techinically accute...at least a new 166 radiator and a full timing belt chang and a thermistor for a washing machine.:cheese: :cheese: plus anything else that goes pop before then.

sO THE DATE HAS CHANGED THEN..NO WONDER I AM CONFUSIOUS DOT COM.....REPPING ...HERE COMES WIKIPEDIA AGIN...

Depend on what you eat Stu.....Phil did you ever get the menu to work?

Andyman burnt (fish) fingers.....just got it ...Man this aging process is getting so unbearable.

Pomeo

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
That was quick. Good quality repping.
What' you tryin' to say :rolleyes: :BB Bat: :lol:

(makes up for him being late today :lol: )
Now, come on, he was there 1.5 minutes befoer the departure time :lol:

any mention of how much it will cost?
Cheers Stuart
What the Pomster said

Man, you change it from 1 date I'll be away to another :lol:
You getting the mesage yet Matt :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
http://www.balbirnie.co.uk/downloads/bistro-july08.pdf

Menu link above folks, they have the bistro or the orangery with different food though or like I said we can just have a fixed price soup an sandwiches etc in the bar area.

I was hoping to get an idea of numbers then organising the food.
But I would suggest the bar or bistro and we just pick what we want off the menu, and I'll get a big table booked well in advance!
(both with reasonable prices, I was in the bistro with my family a wee while ago and I'd say about £20 per person would cover a 3 course meal and drinks, they also do a £12 fixed menu 3 course)
Could arrange a discount i'm sure anyway! :)
The orangery is the award winning restaurant.....which is slightly dearer, menus for that on thet site too.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
1 - 20 of 120 Posts