Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know if a faulty MAF or EGR valve can be diagnosed by plugging in the fiatecuscan and what to look at (ie good versus bad figures reading)

Heave smoke in 2nd and 3rd gear + lack of pulling power under 2.5k rev make me think I amy have an issue :-(

Cheers

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Do you mean MAF or MAP? The MAP is in the inlet manifold and can throw up errors if it or the EGR is blocked. Mine kept giving error P1238 (Air quantity 2).

L

·
0 Posts
you don;t need FES, simply disconnect the MAF & see if the car drives better, if it does then change your MAF

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bearing in mind I have the fiatecuscan and the lead, I rather have a proper diagnostic but I don't know what code or reading a faulty Airflow meter or EGR would throw. I replaced the EGR valve some time ago but have raked up a few more miles since then and approaching 140k now ! Not familiar with the MAP ... what does it do and where is it ... easy access to get to it and replace ?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
The MAP sensor is on the back of the inlet manifold usually held on with 1 torx bolt, I think a t30 or 35, easy to get to and clean.
Have you checked the turbo hoses for splits, especially the bottom one.?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The MAP sensor is on the back of the inlet manifold usually held on with 1 torx bolt, I think a t30 or 35, easy to get to and clean.
Have you checked the turbo hoses for splits, especially the bottom one.?
had the lower turbo pipe replaced with a silicone one last winter, so I think I can rule this out ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts