Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
There's usually a couple on Autotrader.
Top price seems to be in the £2.5-3k mark, and that's for an absolute minter.
I'd totally love to have one, just got no where to park it. :(

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have one,I'm away to be doing a minor restoration on mine,prices vary,but I dont think you'll get much of a car for less than 1k.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I owned one in the early '80's when I was a teenager.I am not sure of the pricing or existance today.What I do remember well was the problems I had with the cooling system,radiator in the nose then mildsteel piping running to the engine at the mid-rear.Great cars they were,I took the roof panel off once,and forgot where I left it(drunk teenagers).I drove it for another two years minus roof:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
There was one for sale by the side of the road in Dungiven at the end of the Glenshane Pass a couple of weeks ago. Didn't catch the price unfortunately.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
There were at least half a dozen parked it the fiat area of Brooklands this year as well. Didn't look to see if any were for sale though.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
There were at least half a dozen parked it the fiat area of Brooklands this year as well. Didn't look to see if any were for sale though.
Aye :cool:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The X/19 was responsible for my love of Italian cars.

C1978 as a passenger in one driven by a Wing/Cdr from RAF Brawdy.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The X/19 was responsible for my love of Italian cars.

C1978 as a passenger in one driven by a Wing/Cdr from RAF Brawdy.
:thumbs:That was one of my favorite cars Ive owned, I have to get rid when my wife got preggers, always said I'd get another, but I'm about 5 stone heaver now - no way I'd fit in it!!!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
We sold plenty of them at a Fiat dealer I was at back in the early 80`s although most of them were already two years old before they sold!
Cracking little cars especially with the roof off!

K

·
0 Posts
I remember seeing the FIAT X19 in Italy as a young lad and just being spell bound by its shape and sound.

One of the truly stunning "affordable" Italian sports cars of the past three decades.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Aye! But all the half-decent X19's I see these days are the gay "big-bumper" versions made for the US market.

The original 1300cc with the small bumper/over-riders was an absolutely boootiful little car. They came in metallic lime-green and an orange (maybe blue too). If I found a decent one, I'd have to have one. :thumbs:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sure that's what my neighbour has got in his garage! He did have 2 at one point but now has just the one.

·
Administrator
60,108 Posts
I loved my 79 X1/9, it was gold coloured and such a fun drive. I paid $7,900. Canadian for it in 1979 new, and sold it 1 year later to the dealer for the same price :)
Not many around anymore.

·
Registered
864 Posts
X1/9 is a great little sports car but some of the later ones with two tone paint jobs and spotty interiors were nothing short of hideous.

Tend to agree with Ralf S. here - the original 1300 versions looked the best, especially with those stripey seats.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts